DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Mark Payne’s new billet alternater
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mark Payne’s new billet alternater
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of BarneyB
posted
Building nice new shiny stuff for Tim Williams! This is our new Ultimate Multi-Volt Super Mini alternator with the billet front housing. This alternator will work for 12 or 16 volt systems with AGM or Lithium batteries.
And it puts out a 100 amps

WiredTwoWin race car wiring

Posts: 2436 | Location: Wadsworth, Ohio | Registered: December 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Barney do you what style they call that? I just put a powermaster on my car but one small enough to fit is only 55 amps.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 57 Vette
posted Hide Post
Looks like a ACDelco CS130 alternater.

IHRA ACDELCO Canadian Nationals
Top/et Iron man Champion Wink
Don Davis 57 Corvette Super Gas Roadster Cool
SDPC 582 Head Hunter on alcohol

Posts: 268 | Location: Toronto Ont/Surprise AZ | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 57 Vette:
Looks like a ACDelco CS130 alternater.

IHRA ACDELCO Canadian Nationals
Top/et Iron man Champion Wink
Don Davis 57 Corvette Super Gas Roadster Cool
SDPC 582 Head Hunter on alcohol

100%

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1395 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of BarneyB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by green1:
Barney do you what style they call that? I just put a powermaster on my car but one small enough to fit is only 55 amps.

It the mini but is 100amp instead of 55

Posts: 2436 | Location: Wadsworth, Ohio | Registered: December 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Like the billet front cover being that I have broken several stock/cast covers on the Firebird's alternator over the years. Mark is a friend/competitor and builds good stuff. Made the move to his Ultimate Big Dawg 139 Starter last season.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BarneyB:
quote:
Originally posted by green1:

It the mini but is 100amp instead of 55

Looks like my Powermaster is about to become my spare.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
No alternator currently on mine, but I'd like to put one back on. My issue is I just don't have the room for it.....Might have an idea though, I'll work on it later this summer.....

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1466 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
hard to believe with all the bracket solutions available, you can't get and alternator to fit someone on the front of the engine...left, right, high, low, backwards

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 27Keith
posted Hide Post
What is the amp output at idle ? I am assuming the 100 amp is at 7500 alternator rpm which is how most are rated.

4 X Track Champion ( 2 & 2 )
2 X Run off Winner

Posts: 2084 | Location: out there | Registered: March 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of BarneyB
posted Hide Post
Mine idles at 17esh volts and the entire run it is 18.7

DRR Pro
Picture of BarneyB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Coloradoracer:
No alternator currently on mine, but I'd like to put one back on. My issue is I just don't have the room for it.....Might have an idea though, I'll work on it later this summer.....

You do know it doesn’t matter which way you mount it, you car turn it around if it makes it easier to mount, works the same