DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    BBC engine block?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BBC engine block?
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 50fordsst:
Thanks everyone for their opinions on my engine block. I'm going to continue with the necessary testing. I know that the decision making is totally up to me and no one else. If I were building an engine that would be chasing Jeff Jackson to the finish line I would go in a different direction. So I will let you all know how it turns out. If I use the "California touch off" which sounds like a precision way to do things. I will let know. Bob

I’ve been working with JJ putting the car together and tuning it. It’s coming around. He’s having a blast!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4496 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
it's YOU that is Wrong

again, it's a cnc tool term that has nothing to do with qualifying an engine block for a race build but you think you know. Didn't think of that Laughing very hard

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Oh I get HMMMM
You didn’t come up with it for your ;

Offering 1st hand experience and advice based on 3 decades of on track proven performance.
Only three decades?

I’ve got solid advice, stick to the keyboard.

I’m done playin, just finished a brake job now it’s time for race cars. No more time to bs.
Have fun

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4496 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
ED you need to get along with people on this forum. You seem like a real knowledgeable person, but why in the hell do have to dig into citations with your negative response and intentionally try to undermine someone's good intensions. If I post again please do me a favor and totally stay out of it. Even if talk about what I did in the garden today. Bob Richmond

Posts: 146 | Location: california | Registered: November 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
you don't make the rules around here, I post where and when I chose

quote:
Originally posted by BP758:
I’ve got solid advice

you've proven you're clueless!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Of course. I knew that would be your response. But you are the unfortunate one that will have no friends one day. But I'm sure you don't care about that either. Sorry Ed

Posts: 146 | Location: california | Registered: November 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I have many friends, no concern of a shortage of those anytime soon and at 61 and not running for office I have little concern with worrying about who likes me and most of my many racer friends say the idiots here who argue with you Ed are too stupid to realize your advice is dead on. One of them recently said Ed just keep posting the $50k winners circle that will shut up most of them…

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Ed. I don’t come on here telling anyone what I know or what we’ve accomplished as a team. I just don’t care.
50 Ford asked for advise and I replied by what I have learned about stock block dimensions from great machinists. Period.
I really don’t give two shyts if you didn’t like my phrase. I put down the facts and u tube videos and you still can’t fathom it.
Not surprised.

Making yourself look special again.
Everyone is over your BS.

Sorry 50Ford.

Raceless in California!

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Wrong AGAIN! my threads get more views by far than any other and my advice in the threads I reply is second to none and welcome by the overwhelming majority of regular posters here.

Just admit it, you used a CNC machine tool term that is not an engine builders term no mind a procedure to qualify a block for a race engine by e build.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I know you will get the last word, but what in the hell does your winning have to do it?? You are saying we are all jealous of your win?. Not at all, I think its great you won congrats to you and your son. But you need to be careful that you don't throw your shoulder out of joint from all the back patting. And I'll bet it take 10 or 15 minutes to get your helmet on (with a little Vasoline) when you get in your car

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Without question there are haters here, mostly comprised of the ain’t got shyt nor done shyt crowd that think they know, that are jealous of all the winning we do, the cars I built, the trailer I built, the motor home I bought and I’ll continue to fuel their hate and yours! NahNahTounge

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Wrong AGAIN! my threads get more views by far than any other and my advice in the threads I reply is second to none and welcome by the overwhelming majority of regular posters here.

Just admit it, you used a CNC machine tool term that is not an engine builders term no mind a procedure to qualify a block for a race engine by e build.

And There It is! Ya want views over actual good advise . Enough said.
You can keep your cookie cutter followers..

Raceless in California!

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Again… my advice in the threads I reply is second to none and welcome by the overwhelming majority of regular posters here.

THAT is why my threads get more views than anyone. NahNahTounge

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 50fordsst:
And I'll bet it take 10 or 15 minutes to get your helmet on (with a little Vasoline) when you get in your car

I hate to tell you, you're wrong. #1 B1TCH is to scared to strap on a helmet & compete. She rides the pit vehicles & reminisces about her losing days. Wink

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2545 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Says the scumbag pos loser with nothing but a junk car and junk trailer I wouldn’t tow a skid steer with, that has been milking the system yet hasn’t one Wally nor one big $ check he has won.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Ed if you just used a little diplomacy and had somewhat of a heart under that thick chest, you wouldn't have so many haters. Yes YOU!! have created all your haters. Is that all right with you? I promise I'm done. No more bashing I'm starting to stoop to your level.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Haters gonna hate! I'm not a politian, not a diplomat nor do I aspire to be one! I'm a bracket racer with decades of experience and on track results. My advice is free to those that want it, even you.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
You mean there are actually still people who have not heard "touch off" from a machinist?

Me: "How close were we on getting it all done for that price?"

Machinist: "Well, it was a touch off ."

Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1231 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Laughing Hard

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Busted Knuckles
posted Hide Post
TD used the term...a lot.

Ed was too busy telling his builder how to build his engine to pay attention to what the builder was saying.

Organized people are just too lazy to look for their $h!t.

Posts: 488 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: November 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post