DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Setting up dragster scales
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Setting up dragster scales
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
4 link sbc 1.130 60 ft going to scale it. What should look for in the set up? Weight from left to right rear tire?

Posts: 34 | Location: rubicn wi. | Registered: December 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Had no idea you could scale a dragster. 4-link or otherwise.
Interested in replys to this....

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4447 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
Had no idea you could scale a dragster. 4-link or otherwise.
Interested in replys to this....

I have scaled my dragster twice, once when it was brand new in bracket form and again when I switched to TD and increased the power level to around 2k and it started driving hard left.

Sorry don't have any notes I can share that I feel would be helpful to the OP other than set your 4 link where you think you want it, set your ride height about 4.5 inches at the mid plate with you in it. Set your pinion angle about 1 degree down, again with you in the car. disconnect your anti roll if you have one Neutral your pre load with you in the car and make a note of the corner weights, ad a 1/2 flat positive preload at a time to your top right bar at a time and make notes of the changes up to 2 flats max. Go to the track and start with 1/2 flat preload and make a hit and see what it does

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Big Steve,

Posts: 2403 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post