New
Find
Notify
Tools

CSR Water Pump
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Will CSR rebuild my water pump, or do they sell a kit to rebuild it?

Posts: 51 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Green1 here rebuilds them and he does a good job.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3971 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bad News
posted Hide Post
Where can I get the inner bearing and seal?
Seal has a spring on it.

Posts: 868 | Location: ft laud | Registered: September 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
throw that junk in the weeds and buy a Meziere! The Meziere water pump ion my Firebird is 12 years old and has never leaked, failed, yada, yada, yada.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
My $500 Meziere made it two weeks....replacement has been fine though....

Posts: 1250 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Same Meziere water pump in my car for the past 21 years. Four engines, 468/496/540/582 same pump.

I bought two thinking I might need a spare some day while I was on the road, its still in the original box.

Bob

Posts: 3073 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bad News
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
throw that junk in the weeds and buy a Meziere! The Meziere water pump ion my Firebird is 12 years old and has never leaked, failed, yada, yada, yada.

I screwed up,I figured that I was asking the question to the guy (green1) Clint I believe, I think we were talking carbs years back and I offered to loan you mine) that was repairing CSI/CSR pumps with success.
Instead, I got a worthless f uc kin g piece of crap that does not know when to shut the f uck up.
ONE question on this forum in some time, and I get the douchebag that cannot put together a simple answer to a question that was asked, he has to divert to bashing the choice of pumps I have as a spare.
I asked a specific question, was not looking for an opinion.
You should go open your own forum so you can delete anybody that offers a concise answer to a question, or differs with your,.....ANYTHING.
Just so I am VERY,VERY clear......
I do not want you to answer any post I happen to put here......
I don't give a F uck about your opinion on............ANYTHING
Firebird,Dragster,Truck, OR anything related to you.
I don't know how you became un blocked but rest assured, it will be fixed.

Posts: 868 | Location: ft laud | Registered: September 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
what part of the truth and the facts don't you like azz hole?

Just so I am VERY,VERY clear......

I will respond to every thread you start, every post you make! Full Moon

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
says another clueless nobody that ain't got shyt nor done shyt worth talking about and the that CSR junk was on my car when I bought it and I replaced with a Meziere pump before the end of it's first season. NahNahTounge

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
CSR on both my cars for over 18 years without a problem. Up until about 3 years ago the one on the corvette was run on the street at well...

Configuration: 3350#, 582 C.I.,

60 - 1.24
1/8 - 5.53@ 126MPH
1/4 - 8.73@ 159MPH

3700#+210lb driver, FULL interior, through mufflers, 10.5 tire.
60'-1.333 (IN 4000ft DA! Joisy Math excluded; 1.25sec using JOISY MATH.) Wink
1/4 - 9.60@144MPH

Posts: 1433 | Location: St Marys | Registered: January 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
2 decades ago they were in business, 2 decades ago they made quality products, 2 decades ago they weren't built in china

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
2 decades ago they were in business, 2 decades ago they made quality products, 2 decades ago they weren't built in china

Dead on with a donut

Posts: 632 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Never was a big fan of their stuff, I saw a number of failures due to the magnets coming loose and locking up the motors. Also they tend to leak with much less run time on them vs others.

Posts: 2141 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by green1:
I never said they were the best but some racers are stuck on them. I have repaired a bunch of them but so far all my repairs have held up. The seal is not made by CSR so you can only blame them for buying poor made parts. It just comes unglued and can be glued back together if you fell ok with that, I have done it when seals couldn’t be had. The motors were made in USA and came from Revcor at one time, I don’t know about the present time.

Two common issues, I won't recommend them to anyone. If you got one and can fix it, why not. But it's not worth losing a race due to bad or cheap part that you can remove & replace.

Posts: 2141 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
EXACTLY! Throw it in the weeds and move on.

Oh and some here using this junk don't worry about losing a race because they rarely if ever race. Test/tune ain't racing. Roll Eyes

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bad News
posted Hide Post
Hello, AS S HOLE ED, stay out of the conversation you arrogant Pric k.
I have no clue what you are saying as IGNORANTNORE is working just fine, but ignore shows you are still commenting.
Just go away.
Can you not get the message, STAY THE F UCK OUT OF HERE?

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Hello, AS S HOLE , I won't stay out of the conversation you LOSER.
You no exactly what I am saying as IGNORANTNORE ain't working for you, it shows you are still reading everything I post.
Ain't going away.
you got the message, I'M HERE AND AIN'T GOING ANYWHERE!

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Hey Scott,
I'm guessing 1320 runs this place now.
Is it a rule to only run products that 1320 has on his cars to be a member here? I have a deadenbear water pump that's 20+ years old. I don't want to throw it in the weeds!
I haven't raced in a while but need some new parts and hope to make it out in 2021. I just don't want to do the wrong thing according to 1320 or he might ban me from here.

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Roll Eyes

this 21 month old thread is about csr water pumps which have a long history of failing either due to the motor burning out or leaking due to seal failure. Several posters here agree with my comments as well several who are regular posters on this forum have had their csr wp repaired by a poster here in years past who no longer repairs this junk pump because there is no longer a need for repairs as most racers have long replaced this junk pump with a Meziere Water pump, the gold standard in the racing industry.

That said, don't throw your water pump in the weeds, rather scrap your entire POS that hasn't been raced in years and never will be again. Spitting

Hope is not a strategy!

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I ran a CSR pump for years with Zero problems.
Then I went to Maziere and had one completely destroyed and cost MORE TO REPAIR it than to buy a new one from Summit.
Since I already had system set up for the remote Maziere pump I replaced it with another instead of completely redoing my cooling system.

I have not had a problem with the second Maziere pump but first one was less than impressive, my personal experience was much better with CSR. Say what you will mine worked good.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3971 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post