DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Issues with MSD Grid Recording
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Issues with MSD Grid Recording
 Login/Join

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted
I've had both of my cars cut off recordings on the grid at approximately the same time, 1.2 seconds into the record or so. Multiple times, like a lot. Double checked all the settings I think but nothing stands out. Any idear's?

Remember this is on 2 separate cars, so leave out the loose wire, etc that could be 1 car specific

This is for all items, rpm, 12v, in, out, etc.

I'll post a pic of comparable runs.

Thanks for the feedback...

SL...

Posts: 2106 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2106 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
posted Hide Post

DRR / Crew
posted Hide Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
You running Immokalee this weekend???

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rymo
posted Hide Post
Email me the grid file and i can see if its just a simple settings issue dragrcr890@yahoo

Ryan Fasano

2014 Byron Overall Track Champion
Byron's actual elevation is 730' because that matters more than winning anything ever....

Posts: 535 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: January 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
The SD card is probably full.

Even though you select Overwrite in the Data Acquisition / Settings tabs Grid does a poor job of this.

It is wise to select Download and Delete when retrieving DA runs from Grid. This way the card is always clean. They are on your computer and not needed in Grid.

I also recommend to set the Data Acquisition Status to OFF if not retrieving the DA periodically.

Posts: 2453 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
The SD card is probably full.

Even though you select Overwrite in the Data Acquisition / Settings tabs Grid does a poor job of this.

It is wise to select Download and Delete when retrieving DA runs from Grid. This way the card is always clean. They are on your computer and not needed in Grid.

I also recommend to set the Data Acquisition Status to OFF if not retrieving the DA periodically.

Yep. I’ve had the exact problem and clearing off the SD card fixed it both times. Assuming you checked record duration and record triggers

Posts: 928 | Location: my own little world | Registered: July 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
posted Hide Post
SD Cards are far from full. Not the issue. It's also been random. Like 4 good passes, 30 not good, 2 good, etc.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Both cars ? If you send me one of the failed and one good .dqi files I’ll give you my opinion.

Posts: 2453 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post