DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    trailer w/o beaver tail.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

trailer w/o beaver tail.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
Does anyone know of a trailer manufacture that builds traile w/o beaver tail other than Gold Rush or equal upper end trailers.

I have been trying to find one that dose not have beaver tail and its about impossible. May work fin for most but I know my FED will not load without bottoming out on the one I am finding. Maybe loner ones with less angle not issue. Fed is only 3" at motor plate and thats 175" from front axle and 50" from rear axle.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I ordered my trailer with a flat floor. Hopefully you can find one.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5297 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Pace..ATC...INTECH..

Posts: 1250 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
call B&L CUSTOM TRAILERS THEY WILL BUILD A TRAILER THE WAY YOU WANT IT.
763-238-1057.

Posts: 70 | Location: CINCINNATI OHIO | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
United gives you the option for a flat floor. We have a flat floor in one trailer and beaver tail on the other two.

Posts: 67 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 11, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
If you order a new one built you can get it anyway you want from any reputable company. If you cant find a flat floor trailer used then look for one with a low car 8ft x 2 inch beaver will help allot

Posts: 2402 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
My dragster will bottom out on my flat floored Classic trailer if I don’t jack the front up or put a lot of air in the slicks.

My old car was worse and I put wood ramps on the floor to help the problem.

Beaver tail just moves the point it hits.

Dragsters can be built with wheels right where they always hit. They hang just below the frame.

On my car it’s right behind the blow shield.

Unhitching and jacking up trailer is the first thing I do once I’m parked.

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I had Classic put in a huge hydraulic lift. At least it was the biggest one they installed. I jack the trailer all the way up and unload and do it again when it's time to load. I like a flat floor when it's down, I had a beavertail trailer once and hated it.

Posts: 5297 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
My trailer is a 26' Classic Terminator.... with 15" wheels and tires...

A Flat extruded aluminum floor

Power jack is a Barker 12 volt 3000 or 3500

It will lift my tow vehicle and trailer and I used to just do that until one day I noticed my drop shank was cracked. I felt like the stress of jacking both rear of truck and front of trailer as high as I was doing was too much. Ramps for the tow vehicle is what some people use....

Now I always disconnect and lift trailer as high as needed and leave it up there.

It is annoying with the side door higher than comfortable.....and I was supposed to buy or make a step but never did....to cheap and to lazy...

I still use the jack to lift both trailer and tow vehicle to install hitch bars...

I made a removable cross member for my car to mount an electric fuel pump. It sits right between the front of the engine and the radiator.

It is saddle clamped to the lower frame rails....

The clamps hit my trailer ramp door trim everytime if I am not jacked up high enough....and at home my driveway is sloped enough to make it worse...

That Barker Jack is a real good unit...…I have even used it to break beads on my slicks thanks to a tip from I think it was Paul Schulz on here....Works perfect and very easy to do.

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
Pace..ATC...INTECH..

Pace I might be able to do the other to are wishbook right now. Local guy can order it flat but 12 weeks to get it. This is reason I had planned to build what I wanted until 4 out of 5 house contracts went south from Jan. til month ago. Harder to throw 14k worth of materials on grounds and start building when the incoming takes that big a shot in the ---.

Yea lifes a ***** then you marry one right. About to point of driving damn thing to Piedmont for cpl hits,hell only 18 miles should only need about 20 gal,so 5 refill spots.Maybe need those ceramics bearings even more than thought.LOL

Posts: 4168 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Is it possible for you to purchase a good used trailer and modify the floor. My dragster will drag if I don’t back on ramps and air tires up a good bit. I have not Modified mine yet but intend on doing so when I have time.

Posts: 101 | Location: Work | Registered: April 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Chris,

How much are you looking to spend on that Pace and I’ll keep my eyes open for a used trailer.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Price is got to be in 7 to 9 k for used trailer. I am finding new 28' for around 12 to 14 and 30 or 32' which would be more ideal are hitting 17k range and financing available for those. I have found some 5k trailers but they need 3,000 worth of renovations to not look like crap.

I don't have to have super bad top of world stuff,just nice looking and not beat to crap Lawn care abused,mainly what I am finding around here for sale.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
one thing beaver tail would do.Built in chassis support. LOL

DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted Hide Post
Chris,
I don't know how far away Beulaville, NC is from you nor do I know what kind of tow vehicle you have BUT this unit may be big enough plus you can relax out of the sun if need be.

Ad says Living Area never used.

The price looks pretty good too.

https://www.racingjunk.com/Enc...-Living-Arear.html#9

Smile

Man was not built to fly ... That's why he built HEMI's

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 954 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I assumed you were looking for a tag trailer? If not there might be some options. I have a friend with a gooseneck for sale. I'll look at it and let you know.

I just looked at Facebook and he is asking 7500 bucks for it. 44 foot gooseneck, it does need some work. Not sure about the floor but I can find out.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
It’s a flat floor.

DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
Find me an identical trailer to mine with a Beavertail and I'll trade you!

This trailer is a PITA! I have to jack the front WAY up to get the car to roll out without hitting. When I have this car in my 30ft Gooseneck with a Beavertail there is NO issue!

I like this trailer, smooth white panels inside and out, carpet halfway up the interior walls. Tri axle, 6000lbs. Foot taller than normal. It is a 30ft TAG. I much prefer towing my 30ft Goose, but it does not have enough room in it for the golf cart also. Frown

Even though both trailers are 30ft, the Goose is 6" taller, the TAG is 12" taller, that Goose weighs FAR MORE than the TAG, not even close!

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
yea pretty much got to go goose neck I have FL70 with 24' box totally decked out to tow with. Plus with tag I can pull with truck to anything local and here in NC there are lots of local deals,local being within 100 mile radius.

Mike I might take you up on it. Tell me how high is back.Floor down to trailer frame. Don't know why such pain. I love the gold rush deal we had. Aluminum box basicaly sitting on steel frame for axles with steel hitch. Was 45' goose neck 6600# empty. Loading the funny car or even my 280" TA/D was easy as could be. It rode low due to no real frame and towed great. There is reason Gold Rush cost so much gold,if this Radon System business takes off I will have or build another one. Hey even if got money coming in I don't need to get lazy. IF? LMAO

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Thanks for replys guys/ I am looking I promise. Firing car up and driveway and playing with fuel system is fun,but it don't prove if what I built will do as designed or hell maybe better.