DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    gm dash cluster issue
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

gm dash cluster issue
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
2004 gmc sierra 2500 crew cab
dash cluster works sometimes and sometimes not replaced all stepper motors still same thing. Can tap on it sometimes and it will start working again and it may work from anywhere from days to just minutes any suggestion on how to fix or who to send it too.

Posts: 35 | Location: right lane | Registered: April 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
There are a bunch of people repairing those or you can get a reman unit from Dorman.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of can'thitthetree
posted Hide Post
There was a recall on those.

Posts: 28 | Location: elsewhere | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
myairbags.com

Posts: 1234 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by can'thitthetree:
There was a recall on those.

yea had that done back when it came out. now we are past the year of recall limit and mileage

Posts: 35 | Location: right lane | Registered: April 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
I bought a remanufactured cluster for mine. Dorman, I think.

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 625 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
I got mine directly from the dealer, Kevin Render hooked me up, $200 I believe and the mileage was programed and simple plug and play.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HS professor:
I got mine directly from the dealer, Kevin Render hooked me up, $200 I believe and the mileage was programed and simple plug and play.

That seems like a smoking deal! Recently I have had issues with a Denali oil pressure gauge. Sender and screen replaced. Tapped on cluster and it starts working. Just did it once so far. It set off the check engine light as well for high/low oil pressure.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6356 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
quote:
That seems like a smoking deal!

I was happy Big Grin I shopped around and could have got it cheaper, but was worried about all the options. Kevin used my vin info and it was a 10 minute plug and play deal.

My sons truck is starting to act up already, its only go 27k miles Roll Eyes

Damn quirky clusters lol

Posts: 1421 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
well shipped it off to my airbags today will see what they say

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Got one for my 03 avalanche from rock auto, $133.79 plus 135 core which they dont charge unless you dont send it back within 15 days I think it was

Posts: 292 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post