DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Driveshaft Check mark
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Driveshaft Check mark
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by seabass:
Thanks.. Its pretty fast most of the time, just wondering why I have this and others don't. What was said does make sense, as I don't run much air and do see a decent of squat on my travel sensor on the chassis.

Didn't realize other people had it too.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6377 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
The driveshaft sensor on my altered looked like yours where it climbs a little faster than the engine RPM for a few feet. But it never drops. I think that is a combination of wadding the tire up and maybe a little spin to get up on the tire.

Now my dragster was having issues and it would go up to 1800 RPM then drop all the way to 1400 RPM then climb again. That is not good an I think (Hope) I have resolved that issue. Made major changes and will know in a few weeks.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3990 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
J.R. I don't have the same power but did have the same check mark, believe it or not I went up a 1/4 pound of air and it all but eliminated it. Video showed the tire would wad up and then release and that was the check mark. Good job on the win today.

Posts: 120 | Location: Indiana | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I went up .5 and saw no change this weekend other then it hurt me at .9 out so I went back down to where I was. In a slow motion video the tire slips about 3” then grabs and goes which is probably what created the check mark

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1515 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I can't remember if you tried loosening the extension. Or even going up with the two step to hit the tire harder. I usually think the easy first steps for initial spin are more two step rpm, let dampening on the shock extension, and less tire pressure.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6377 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
we did go down on the extension this week with no change but didn't change the launch as we were working out a curve to race with

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1515 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
What ever you did was working. Congratulations on another Wally this weekend!

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3990 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Pretty amazing weekend, the car goes from not going down the track at all on Friday due to spin/shake to the winner circle on Sunday. Whatever you did it dam sure worked!

Posts: 2410 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, it worked out in the end for sure.

J.R. Baxter

2024 Miller
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Come by our trailer at the Dallas double divisional and Lance and I can share with you what we are finding on the truck. We have always had the check mark and are making strides in fixing it. I feel like it could help you as our truck is sure turning a corner in the chassis dept. It is going to be in the 4-link.

Abbott Racing Heads
(432) 558-2841

Posts: 39 | Location: Crane, Texas | Registered: January 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by seabass:
we did go down on the extension this week with no change but didn't change the launch as we were working out a curve to race with

I always consider pressure, shocks and two step the "easy" changes. They are smaller incremental steps. If you need a larger change, the 4 link is where it is at. Then you fine tun again with the other items.
I would be remiss if I didn't mention the converter and how it hits as well. I would consider that on the "big change" list. If you are getting just the initial minor spin, and having success, you must not be out in left field.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
SO how do you get rid of the SO CALLED check mark? You have to set the tires to launch the car, no way around that fact. So unless your not using slicks with the typical wrinkle type side walls, you will always have a so called check mark! Now whether you can see it or should I say pick it up with a data logger or not is another question! But, there is always going to be DS movement without car movement right at the hit in order to set the tires. That's the physics of the deal.

Seabass's check marks will change based on track conditions, power applied, tire air pressure etc along with the locations of the magnets prior to the hit. As the track gets better and power is increased they will become more pronounced on the graph and I'd bet you will also see a corresponding increase in the G meter graph also!

Posts: 2145 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post