Find
Notify
Tools

Header??
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of can'thitthetree
posted
I was running Dynatech 2 3/8 stepped to 2 1/2. Ordered the Dynatech 3 step header only to find out that they are discontinued. They recommend their 2 1/4 to 2 3/8. Anyone running that header with studs instead of bolts? 582 inch pump gas engine 5600-6800 rpm making just over 800 HP. Any recommendations on a header that won't crack and fall apart in a door car?

Posts: 28 | Location: elsewhere | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
smaller is better especially in a door car and 2 1/4" to 2 3/8" stepped is too big for your engine.

That said, heavier gauge tubing will help as will coating or chroming but nothing lasts forever. Studs vs. bolts is a matter of choice. I use bolts.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
2 1/8 are more then big enough for you app.

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1383 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I was pretty sure that the header was too big. I really wanted the 2 1/8 from Dynatech but they don't make them anymore. I don't have a tire shake issue, but the first set of headers cracked almost every year. I got the 2 3/8 headers used, ran them for 5 years with no cracks. I had to change my top studs and use bolts. I would like to go back to using studs, and have a header that doesn't need fixed every year.

Posts: 28 | Location: elsewhere | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
send your cracked and too big headers to Greg Holman aka REF Unlimited 928-692-0111 and have him build a new set from 16 gauge tubing and tell him to downside the tubes starting with 2 1/8".

$1,700 with collectors and you'll have them in about 2 weeks then get them coated.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Are the headers on your dragster done by him?

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Check the dragraceresults classified section on facebook, pretty sure i just seen a set like you want? Otherwise try Hedman, Stainless Works, or Hooker

"Sugar Shane"

Posts: 119 | Location: No clue | Registered: March 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
No, they are dynatech

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
TG Paschal from the Piedmont NC area has a nice looking freshly coated set for 850, Facebook Dragraceresults classified section

"Sugar Shane"

Posts: 119 | Location: No clue | Registered: March 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of KWig
posted Hide Post
Another option, maybe. Call Phillip at Hedman in Ga. He has a lot of "patterns" for chasis cars, and if he doesnt, he can also copy yours, I would think. They have a few very good fabricaators.
They also have coatings available.

770-664-8880

You have to put in the effort, to get anything out of it.

Posts: 736 | Location: Cumming Ga | Registered: January 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post