DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Big block right bank oiling problem fix
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Big block right bank oiling problem fix
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
quote:
Originally posted by seabass:
the block in question is a Brodix aluminum BBC, burned a couple pushrods...

For what its worth I have used the same Brodix aluminum block for 4 seasons and have never burned a push rod. There is no plug in the oil galley past the last lifter on the right side. MSD distributor with no o rings. The block came with restrictors that go in the front of the lifter oil galleys and those are installed.

FYI,

Use an MSD distributor and have no issues with my Brodix block but my home made priming tool (stock GM housing) will not get oil up to the rockers on the right side! When I swapped the housings with the o rings, it comes right up!

I did not check the OD of the GM housing vs the MSD one but I see no reason not the use the o rings!

Posts: 2156 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TOP38:
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
quote:

For what its worth I have used the same Brodix aluminum block for 4 seasons and have never burned a push rod. There is no plug in the oil galley past the last lifter on the right side. MSD distributor with no o rings. The block came with restrictors that go in the front of the lifter oil galleys and those are installed.

FYI,

Use an MSD distributor and have no issues with my Brodix block but my home made priming tool (stock GM housing) will not get oil up to the rockers on the right side! When I swapped the housings with the o rings, it comes right up!

I did not check the OD of the GM housing vs the MSD one but I see no reason not the use the o rings!

I use an old stock GM distributor housing for a priming tool and don't have any trouble getting oil to the top of the rockers. I just primed my fresh build 2 weeks ago...

Posts: 2427 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Coloradoracer:
quote:

I've had zero issues with my brodix block....

same here

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1517 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
thanks for the replies guys

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1411 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Paul S/Q
posted Hide Post
how many of you are running restrictors with your brodix aluminum block and if so what size ??

Posts: 784 | Location: hopefully pickin up a check in the winners circle | Registered: November 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul S/Q:
how many of you are running restrictors with your brodix aluminum block and if so what size ??

I run the ones that came with the block, no idea what size they are.
OIL RESTRICTORS
8B BB OIL RESTRICTORS
(CUSTOM FOR BRODIX
BLOCK)
https://brodix.com/instruction...lockinstructions.pdf

Posts: 2427 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul S/Q:

The standard ones they send which are .060" in diameter.

Posts: 2156 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post