DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Adjustable Transbrake Buttons for bottom bulb racing??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Adjustable Transbrake Buttons for bottom bulb racing??
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
NHRA Division 1 is allowing transbrake, 2 steps , and air shifters this year. I have the air shifter and 2 step taken care of.

My question is about adjustable Transbrake buttons. I am looking at BIONDO - Terminator, or COLLECTOR TETHERS- Just-n-time. Anyone have any experience and or preference.

My car will go about .040 RED if I am leaving at the flash of the last yellow. Car is 1973 Dodge Dart sport, 540 cu. in. 727 3 speed auto, 4.10 gears. Torgue converter flashes to 5700. Usually 60 foot of 1.24 to 1.25 . Will carry front wheels out to about 50'.Best et 9.14 at 146 mph. Usually 9.20's et. We are freshening the engine now. will have a few more horsepower, guessing about 40 - 50 hp.

Trying to figure out what to order....

Posts: 81 | Location: Ringtown, Pa. | Registered: September 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Trying to figure out what to order....

I recommend a Mega-200 Big Grin

Or just continue to feetsbrake it, if you've had success that way.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1649 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Look at the Apex Machining slow release button. Very easy to adjust with optional springs. High quality piece.

Posts: 20 | Location: Pa. | Registered: August 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I will have to look at the Apex Machining Slow release button. Haven't heard of it before..
Thanks...

Posts: 81 | Location: Ringtown, Pa. | Registered: September 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Scotty Richardson has a good video on YouTube about the Apex button.

Posts: 20 | Location: Pa. | Registered: August 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of DragRaceSolutions.com
posted Hide Post
http://dragraceresults.com/ful...y.cfm?id=6553&type=2

We offer 2 designs, the Orginal and the XL. No other button gives you the range or a documented chart to show you your adjustments like the JNT.

Check us out.

Home of Collector Tethers ~ Just-N-Time Buttons & Drag Race Solutions products

www.DragRaceSolutions.com
Sales@DragRaceSolutions.com

Posts: 85 | Location: Tennessee, U.S.A. | Registered: July 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of regal
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a great footbrake car....

Chris Walters

Posts: 120 | Location: New Whiteland,Indiana | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of MM Racing
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gonzo1546:
Look at the Apex Machining slow release button. Very easy to adjust with optional springs. High quality piece.

This is what I used and I love it. I used the Terminator for a while but found it would get inconsistent after a year or so.

-Phil Watkins
Midnight Machine Racing

Posts: 133 | Location: Arizona | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I went and ordered a Duncan Racing products adjustable transbrake switch and mount.

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Dang, wish I would have seen this earlier. I have one I would have made you a killer deal on.

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1466 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Quick Dawg
posted Hide Post
When I was running Pro I tied every button on the planet. What I learned from that experience is it is much better to adjust your car instead of using a long button. They all are inconsistent and each have their own issues. It is much more about your release than the button. Keep dropping your launch RPM's until you get into a reaction window that works with a regular button and work on a smooth release. Your time will be better spent going this direction.

Posts: 166 | Location: Salt Lake City | Registered: January 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I agree about the buttons not being consistent. The slower they are the more inconsistent they seem to be and hang up easier. I do think they are good for killing a little and to kill .040 for you should be okay. Much more than that in my opinion gets iffy.

From what I can tell the JNT button seems to be the best of them. (Except Duncan which I am not familiar with)Which means to me a little wider range of adjustment but like I say the slower it is set the worse they work. IMHO.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4009 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post