DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Digital dial board (door car)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Digital dial board (door car)
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
I'm thinking about going to the digital dial board but was curious if you door car guys are getting the single or dual boards? I know it all depends on tower location but seems like I see a lot or cars with them just on the side window vs windshield also. What's been everyone's experience?

Jason McLawhorn
Greenville, NC
1955 Chevy

Posts: 476 | Location: Greenville, North Carolina | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of DragRaceSolutions.com
posted Hide Post
We make a very nice clamp on roll bar mount for these if you decide to mount in the rear quarter window.

Home of Collector Tethers ~ Just-N-Time Buttons & Drag Race Solutions products

www.DragRaceSolutions.com
Sales@DragRaceSolutions.com

Posts: 85 | Location: Tennessee, U.S.A. | Registered: July 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Get a dual sided dial board, not only do you never have to switch display sides for the tower but in the staging lanes it eliminates confusion over your dial-in.

Of course if you only run Index Classes, save your money, I’m sure they will figure it out.

Bob

Posts: 3081 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
If you want to install multiple boards (Door Car) you want the DD V2 controller that works with these.

I only have one dial board and move it from either door window or the rear hatch window.

Posts: 2456 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RPROGAS:
Get a dual sided dial board...

That would be a waste inside a door car. It isn't like you can mount the board in the center of the car and have it be visible from the tower on either side.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3154 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Since I have a Roadster my point of reference is mounting it on the back of the roll cage. Probably not good if it’s mounted inside the car.

Bob

Posts: 3081 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post