DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    What's up with ATI ??
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's up with ATI ??
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mikey, you just seam to have black cloud following you around no matter what. Maybe to many disgruntal crew chiefs working their voodoo curse on ya a s s! and or that one certain deer you winged! Pay back can be a b I t c h.

ya al
things did start going down hill after the deer impact at norwalk

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of drslmr
posted Hide Post
The convertor is an ATI that's why I was shocked at their 3 week deal for one of their loyal customers. If they are in the midst of moving one would think they make extra effort to take care of their customers a little more timely. I've dealt with them almost 40 years and never had an issue but I guess times are changing.

There is a substitute for cubic inches!

Posts: 70 | Location: Enola,Pa.USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
then your friend isn't too smart cause he just ruined the best converter due to his impatience. Maybe they should have lied as so many others do in the aftermarket performance industry do and told him what he wanted to hear.

https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/foru...0760912/m/3757060186

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
quote:
Exactly....I've had phenomenal service and performance from UCC. Doug on here won a S/R World championship running his converter as well.

so what happened to you?? Razz

I break stuff Mike...

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
1. your^^^ words not mine.

2. big $ traveling bracket racers account for less than 1% of bracket racers.

Hey but whole, you ever going to post a source for lie #2? Or are your truth and facts made up as you go just like this?

Posts: 185 | Location: Indy | Registered: January 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of BarneyB
posted Hide Post
Back in my mopar days I always delt with Charlie Plott, was a great guy and very helpful. That has been probably 15 to 20 years ago.

Marco Abruzzi all the way for many years now.

WiredTwoWin race car wiring

Posts: 2436 | Location: Wadsworth, Ohio | Registered: December 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
i also had a bad expeirence with ati. bought a glide from them and it would move on the starting line when applying the trans brake. took it apart and found the inside of the case welded near the servo bore. needless to say the weld was not completed. called them about it and got no where. there is too much competition out there for that kind of bad quality and poor customer service. this was about 5 years ago.

Posts: 17 | Location: palm harbor fl | Registered: October 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by E-man:
i also had a bad expeirence with ati. bought a glide from them and it would move on the starting line when applying the trans brake. took it apart and found the inside of the case welded near the servo bore. needless to say the weld was not completed. called them about it and got no where. there is too much competition out there for that kind of bad quality and poor customer service. this was about 5 years ago.

I'm sure every transmission company out there has had an issue or two. Most are probably related to an employee overlooking something or that the employee simply just does'nt care. As in any business finding good, reliable, competent help is a major challenge and it seems to be getting worse. Many (most) employees just don't have a good work ethic, it's a sign of the times. Usually the bigger the company, the worse it is.

That being said, what sets one company apart from others is the quality of customer service after something like this happens. E-man, I hope whoever you are using now has excellent service after the sale. As some have stated in this thread there are companies that do have great customer service.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by racerdude2054:
quote:

2. big $ traveling bracket racers account for less than 1% of bracket racers.

where is that stat pulled from?

west of his broke dyck and south of his belt. Don't you guys know only what Ed runs is good,in his opinion regardless how good someone else's stuff is.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4171 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
NOTHING about your pile of shyt is good!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
NOTHING about your pile of shyt is good!

Big Grin

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I thought they moved to the new building 2-3 years ago. I picked up a transmission there at least that long ago. Don't take long to move across the street.....

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
At what point does someone look up and say to themselves:

Why would I call someone else's equipment chit?

IF Chris's stuff is chit...Ed's stuff is just clean piles of polished chit?

C'mon man wtf? AND I don't mean where's the food or where's the FIREBALL (as I at times have been known to say)?

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Chris, your chit is bigger and chunkier than most everyone's chit on here....... Wink

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Truth and facts only, ed posted it on an Internet forum so it must be true... still waiting to find out where his factual information came from that he typed that less than 1% of bracket racers run big money races

This message has been edited. Last edited by: racerdude2054,

Posts: 785 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Back in 2014 I won the Etown Lucas oil series event in S/C in September

The last company to pay a contingency was ATI and it was 5-6 months later.

For a balancer..... $100

There was no issue whatsoever with the paperwork required. They had whatever was required very quickly after the race.

I could easily add other negative comments about friends experiences with them.

I used their converters for many years and never had a problem but their customer service with friends has been poor going back a long time...

For those reasons I bought a converter from Select and have won 3 times with their converter at NHRA S/C races.....and had that converter's stall adjusted after changing from Injection to a carb at no charge to me.....

To be fair I have also done business with Select going back 30 years.....and their stuff wins races for me.....

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Rich, this thread isn't about contingency $ nor is it really about customer service.

This is about the OP and allegedly his friend, being shocked that ATI weren't willing to drop what they were doing, stop everything and cut open his converter on the spot. Instead ATI who is extremely busy, the #1 race converter builder in the country, in addition to being backed up with converter work due to moving, told him truthfully that it would be at least 3 weeks until he could get his converter back freshened. Again, maybe they should have lied as most in the aftermarket performance industry do when pressed for dates. Meanwhile Leigh Ratzkovich who you know, had his converter freshened up 2 weeks ago with a 9 day turnaround including shipping.

That said, you know better than I that the NHRA Contingency program today is a joke. What manufacturers the NHRA hasn't chased away have changed their requirements to qualify for contingency $ to the point where it's not worth your effort.

Also again, I've only dealt with Charlie for the past 25 years and never had a customer service issue but I also never needed service after the sale.

I did speak to JB once and I wasn't a fan.

Bottom line, I along with many, many Class racers believe ATI converters are second to none in performance and quality.

They must be doing something right for the past 55 years and are now bigger, selling more product than ever before.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Rich, this thread isn't about contingency $ nor is it really about customer service.

This is about the OP and allegedly his friend, being shocked that ATI weren't willing to drop what they were doing, stop everything and cut open his converter on the spot. Instead ATI who is extremely busy in addtion to being backed up with converter work due to moving, told him truthfully that it would be at least 3 weeks until he could get his converter back freshened. Again, maybe they should have lied as most in the aftermarket performance industry do when pressed for dates. Meanwhile Leigh Ratzkovich who you know, had his converter freshened up 2 weeks ago with a 9 day turnaround including shipping.

That said, you know better than I that the NHRA Contingency program today is a joke. What manufacturers the NHRA hasn't chased away have changed their requirements to qualify for contingency $ to the point where it's not worth your effort.

Also again, I've only dealt with Charlie for the past 25 years and never had a customer service issue but I also never needed service after the sale.

I did speak to JB once and I was't a fan.

Bottom line, I along with many, many Class racers believe ATI converters are second to none in performance and quality.

They must be doing something right for the past 55 years and are now bigger, selling more product than ever before.

That's great and all, but where is the stats to back up your claim about big buck bracket racers? Or was that more of your made up fibs and facts?

Posts: 185 | Location: Indy | Registered: January 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
HERE is another great ATI story!!

in 2010 I bought a loaded up ati superglide with scs cooling system,super servo and blown/fuel converter...about 9,000 bucks.

I got it in the car and running the end of January and the next day I was headind down to west palm beach florida.
I go out in the morning to load up and there is a huge puddle of trans fluid under the car.
it was coming around the brand new super servo.

so I call ati and talk to Charlie and he says bring it by on the way to florida.

so I leave new York and detour to Baltimore. I'm in ati parking lot at 8am.
they send a guy out and he says its still in the car.im like ya I'm going to florida and its a dragster.you can get right at it.

long story short ati refused to do it in the dragster.the guy walks back out with a bottle of pep boys type f trans fluid and a tube of permatex and says good luck!!

so when I get to florida I clean it up,pile a big blob of permatex around the base of the super servo and ran it like that the rest of the year.
ATI going the extra mile!!

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Mike, if I had been treated that way after the sale by anyone in the aftermarket performance industry I too would have taken my business elsewhere.

Always remember, your $ is green and good everywhere.

Also I've stated here before that I have been the recipient of customer service that has no equal from Huntsville Engines, Rossler Transmissions and Tracy Dennis's Sunset Racecraft.