DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    What's up with ATI ??
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's up with ATI ??
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Mike, as I stated previously, I don't know who Dave Cain is and have only dealt with Charlie Plott for the past 25 years.

That said, you should have called Beattie when they failed to resolve your issue.

Back to the OP's claim...he does not state his friend's converter is an ATI.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
I'm sure the COPO guys don't use a block of wood, they would use a fancy aluminum one
Falling of chair laughing

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3094 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Wrong

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I have to agree with ed because I have seen a lot of fast stuff out there running ati components,but I had no such luck the last time...and I spent 10,000 for a superglide 2 with the scs cooling system/pump and a 10.5 inch blown/fuel converter

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
I have been racing for over 30 years. Living in Maryland, I was a loyal ATI customer for probably 20 of those years. I would literally drive up in the morning, drop off the converter, go to lunch, come back and pick it up. They stopped that and said I could drop it, but they would have to ship it to me when it was done. It would take a week or more to get it back.

I started using FTI converters in 2013 and have not looked back. Greg, Dalton and Troy exemplify what customer service should be. I just wish they were in my backyard versus in Florida.

I still love an ATI Super Damper. I think they are the best in the business.

Rob Robertson

Posts: 961 | Location: Welcome, MD | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
ed may know
but I was told they where just bought out??

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
FTI is the converter of choice at any BIG BRACKET RACE period...

Posts: 1247 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
FTI is the converter of choice at any BIG BRACKET RACE period...

dammit Whomper didn't you get the memo? Bracket racing is dying if not dead already.

ep-keep up Whomp

Posts: 757 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
With big money brackets at an all time high with payouts, frequency, as well as attendees...FAR from dying IMO.

CG...Whomper and EP know

Posts: 1749 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
So, Ed's argument is, ATI is used by the best for class racing and go fast stuff and they don't care about bracket racers / bracket racing.

But, this is a bracket racing forum and we should all run ATI stuff?

Oh the irony...

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 732 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
1. your^^^ words not mine.

2. big $ traveling bracket racers account for less than 1% of bracket racers.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:

where is that stat pulled from?

Posts: 783 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
FYI, I just spoke to Charlie Plott and the reason for the longer than norm converter freshening turn around during April was due to moving to the new 100,000 sf building. Turn around now is better but they are still swamped.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
1. your^^^ words not mine.

You mind quoting a source for lie #2

Posts: 185 | Location: Indy | Registered: January 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
If you are concerned with converter customer service Lenny at Ultimate is who you want to talk to. Mine was in the car for 12 yrs before I pulled it to freshen. Repeats like nobody's business and Lenny is a pleasure to work with.

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Everyone recommends the parts and services they run.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
quote:

Exactly....I've had phenomenal service and performance from UCC. Doug on here won a S/R World championship running his converter as well.

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

Ed

Not everyone....

And with regards to ATI,, I have used them in the past, not for a while mainly due to my application reasons and not due to any negative reasons. Their Treemaster 8" converter worked great. I also dealt with Charlie Plott and was very pleased with his service during the years I used their converters. Since ATI I have used B&M when Les Figuroa was doing the race converters and now Eddie at Select! Select is a smaller company but service is top notch!

Mikey, you just seam to have black cloud following you around no matter what. Maybe to many disgruntal crew chiefs working their voodoo curse on ya a s s! and or that one certain deer you winged! Pay back can be a b I t c h.
HMMMM

Posts: 2139 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Exactly....I've had phenomenal service and performance from UCC. Doug on here won a S/R World championship running his converter as well.

so what happened to you?? Razz

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I know a guy that has won a world championship or two or three or four, I lost count Big Grin in multiple classes running ATI converters.