DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Re-cert transmission case
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re-cert transmission case
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted
Curious, how many people actually send their transmission cases back to get them recertified? I was looking on Reid's website and they only charge $100 plus shipping each way.

Is it worth it considering there is no tech anymore?

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 738 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I send mine in when it goes out of cert. Its 100 dollars. If anything it gives you a piece of mind that the case is not cracked or that something is not broke. Safety First.

Posts: 100 | Location: Albuquerque | Registered: September 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I guess I've never understood why transmission cases have to be re-certed but engine blocks and rear end housing do not. Of the 3 I would think the trans case is the less stressed, and they're all engineered to do their job?

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2331 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
There are some Reid dealers around the country that can do the resert, you might try and find one in your area. Maybe Reid can point you to one. We have one right here in Dallas

Posts: 2410 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
I guess I've never understood why transmission cases have to be re-certed but engine blocks and rear end housing do not. Of the 3 I would think the trans case is the less stressed, and they're all engineered to do their job?

The trans is the only one in the drivers compartment (unless a rear-engine dragster) and the case IS the required flexplate shield and trans shield.

I just pulled two perfectly-working transmissions to send in for recert over this winter. If I didn’t run a lot of NHRA events, I may not bother with it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Lenny5160,

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3151 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
Anyone know of a Reid Dealer in the Mid-Atlantic area that can do reverts?

Rob Robertson

Posts: 961 | Location: Welcome, MD | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Sent mine to TCI 2 years ago charged me 65.00 plus shipping.

Posts: 3 | Location: canfield ohio | Registered: July 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post