DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Racepak SD Card Problems
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Racepak SD Card Problems
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Bigdrive88
posted
I have a Sportsman unit installed on my dragster. Currently it is installed in the nose. Periodically even though the card is in the slot it will popup on the IQ3 dash the word "Card" which means the card is not in there. Believe me the card is in there. I have tried a couple different cards. The card is not the problem. Its like a little vibration will make this issue arise. This weekend I drove the car to the lanes and everything was good. When I got strapped in & started the car the word "card" showed up. Very annoying since I was trying to get data on a new converter. Any advice on what this issue could be & how to fix it. This sportsman unit is approx 5-6 years old

Posts: 185 | Location: Hagerstown | Registered: September 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 391T
posted Hide Post
Here is a couple of things that you might want to check even though it doesn't sound like your issue but...

1) I had my auto record set to RPM at a low value so it would record basically every time the car fired up and when there are too many files in a folder it won't let you write any more so it will flash card in that case as well. Make sure it has space and not too many files on it.

2) We accidentally moved the write protect tab on the card and it made the card unwrittable which would make it flash card. It could be close to being set and the vibration of the car making it go in and out of write protect mode???

Plug it in to your laptop and see if you can copy a file to it to verify that the card is writable.

Scott Smith

Posts: 301 | Location: Barbourville, KY | Registered: December 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bigdrive88
posted Hide Post
No. 2 on your list I will for sure check. I clear my files everyweek so there is plenty of room. The write protect tab is a solid lead. I will check it.

Thanks

quote:
Originally posted by 391T:
Here is a couple of things that you might want to check even though it doesn't sound like your issue but...

1) I had my auto record set to RPM at a low value so it would record basically every time the car fired up and when there are too many files in a folder it won't let you write any more so it will flash card in that case as well. Make sure it has space and not too many files on it.

2) We accidentally moved the write protect tab on the card and it made the card unwrittable which would make it flash card. It could be close to being set and the vibration of the car making it go in and out of write protect mode???

Plug it in to your laptop and see if you can copy a file to it to verify that the card is writable.

Posts: 185 | Location: Hagerstown | Registered: September 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ron Gusack
posted Hide Post
Steve, do you by any chance take the card out of the little handle when you view the data on a computer? If you do, the card connection in the logger becomes very sensitive.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ron Gusack,

Posts: 459 | Location: Maryland | Registered: January 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
y

DragRaceResults.Com Bracket Talk Bracket Talk Forum Hop To Forum Categories Tech Talk - by Abruzzi Racepak SD Card Problems

MyV300SD would not read the card on occasion and I sent it to Racepak and they replaced the connector and all is good now.

Posts: 293 | Location: New Milford, CT USA | Registered: December 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have seen an issue where the slot in the card holder was a little too deep. If the card was pushed all the way in to the holder it could not make contact when plugged in similar to what was mentioned above. We just glued it into the holder a little further out and it seemed to work fine.

B.J. Masiello

Posts: 250 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: November 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Has anyone ever used an SD card reader extension cable to relocate the SD card to a more convenient location, and save wear and tear on the connector slot in the Racepak unit?

Posts: 24 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I do occasionally see manufacturing variances on the SD card slot on the Sportsman. Usually, you learn what it likes and your good. Steve's is a little odd and will likely take a trip to the factory to get it good.

Regarding the slot extenders, Racepak's official position is NO they miss some data from the faster channels. I have a few customers who did it anyway and claim it works fine.

Posts: 671 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: April 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bigdrive88
posted Hide Post
No Ron. I leave it in the little dongle.

quote:
Originally posted by Ron Gusack:
Steve, do you by any chance take the card out of the little handle when you view the data on a computer? If you do, the card connection in the logger becomes very sensitive.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Bigdrive88
posted Hide Post
I checked the write protect tab. It is fully in the correct position. I was hoping that was going to be it.

quote:
Originally posted by 391T: