DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    ND 93 Alternator
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ND 93 Alternator
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Rodney Pryor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
quote:
Originally posted by Rodney Pryor:
I'll post what I've seen...

I just installed the smaller 75 amp HOP ultra mini. I run on gas with an electric fuel pump, water pump, fan,and electric shifter. Here is the data from my Racepak before and after:

RPM Before vs. After
1500 - 15.8 vs. 16.2
2200 - 15.6 vs. 16.3
5000 - 15.6 vs. 17.2
6000 - 15.8 vs. 17.4
7000 - 15.8 vs. 17.5

During the run only values....

Minimum - 15.6 vs. 17.2
Maximum - 15.9 vs. 17.6
Average - 15.8 vs. 17.5

It's the standard pulley on the alternator and the drive pulley is 4 inches. Looking to get a 5 inch drive pulley so if anyone has a lead on a CV Products style twin-pin 5 inch pulley I would appreciate it. Hope that helps.....

Great info, that's what I was looking for.

Was the first set of readings with fan, water and fuel pump running?

If so, it looks like what you have will keep the battery up, no matter what you have on. Even at only 1500 RPM you still have over 16V.

HOP is good stuff!

All of the readings are with the fuel pump, water pump, and electric fan running.

Posts: 116 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I don’t need a data recorder to tell me my battery is charging, that just adds note load to my system. Only running ignition, waterpump, fuel pump and fan on my car. I still shift by hand as it’s not that difficult.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I do have a volt meter in my car and it’s over 18 volts going down the track.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
who knew a few posting here are geniuses, reporting astonishing results that defy logic and the manufacturer's application recommendation for using this ultra mini alternator in the application I described, despite the many racers, HS professor and myself amongst them, that found this alternator to be useless clapping

FYI, I have a nice shiny one for sale, let the bidding war begin. Big Grin

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Hey 1320,
I'll pay for shipping for a useless alternator since they aren't worth anything. It'll clean a spot on your shelf! Big Grin

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
You can pay me $150 plus the shipping and it's yours.

https://ecae.com/product/2025c-ultra-mini-alternator/

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks but no thanks.
I'll keep my Subaru justy 55 amp alternator from 1989.

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
It’s a waste of time and money but yet he wants money for it.
Some people when they can’t make something work the day it’s junk and all wrong, never their fault.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Before this thread, I didn't know that there are still those that believe this alternator actually does something who knew Eek because everyone I know and race with knows it doesn't. Razz

Of course I want $ for it Roll Eyes , I paid $ for it! I'll throw it away before I give it away.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Before this thread, I didn't know that there are still those that believe this alternator actually does something who knew Eek because everyone I know and race with knows it doesn't. Razz

Of course I want $ for it Roll Eyes , I paid $ for it! I'll throw it away before I give it away.

Okay, I understand your point.

So I will now offer to pay for shipping, add $6 for the handling fee, a roll of toilet paper and $8.88.
Let me know. Big Grin

God, I'm bored! I should be changing my brake fluid!
Lol!!!

Cool

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Some people are so dumb, they could have $1000 and lose $500 then find $250 and they would still say the $250 didn’t help.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M120:
quote:

So I will now offer to pay for shipping, add $6 for the handling fee, a roll of toilet paper and $8.88.
Let me know. Big Grin

Lol!!!
DOT4?

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
quote:
Originally posted by M120:
quote:

Let me know. Big Grin

Lol!!!
DOT4?

HELL NO!!!
I make my own brake fluid. I'm alot smarterer than those engineering folk, just ask me! Big Grin

Yeah, I'm still bored! Lol.
Back to words with Friends!

Cool