DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    MSD Grid 12v output error
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MSD Grid 12v output error
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of DrewNDMF
posted
I’ve just installed an MSD Power Grid in conjunction with a 6AL and I’m getting a 12V output error message. I assume this needs to be rectified in order for the box to function properly and any advice as to what this is and how to fix it is appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Posts: 86 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: June 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Are you using the 7740 CAN-bus adaptor with your Grid ??

Posts: 2459 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of DrewNDMF
posted Hide Post
No, sir, just what came with the Grid itself

Posts: 86 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: June 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I assume you have started the engine and the DIAGNOSTIC LED INDICATOR is Red with this fault when the engine is running? If yes and it runs but show this fault in the Active Faults and won’t clear, call MSD.

Posts: 2459 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewPRG:
I’ve just installed an MSD Power Grid in conjunction with a 6AL and I’m getting a 12V output error message. I assume this needs to be rectified in order for the box to function properly and any advice as to what this is and how to fix it is appreciated. Thank you in advance!

I hooked mine up with a 6al two years ago and it worked fine. Go back and double check all your connections. It was SUPER easy to hook up. Suspect that you dont have a good connection. This is not something we can troubleshoot over the internet. Its definitely been done before and I dont have a Can-Bus.

Configuration: 3350#, 582 C.I.,

60 - 1.24
1/8 - 5.53@ 126MPH
1/4 - 8.73@ 159MPH

3700#+210lb driver, FULL interior, through mufflers, 10.5 tire.
60'-1.333 (IN 4000ft DA! Joisy Math excluded; 1.25sec using JOISY MATH.) Wink
1/4 - 9.60@144MPH

Posts: 1441 | Location: St Marys | Registered: January 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post