DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    2003 Silverado Power Windows
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2003 Silverado Power Windows
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted
My 2003 C3500 has been doing fine except the Florida climate is finally starting to wear on the interior plastics. The toggle on the passenger side window switch broke.

Forget buying a new one. They're out of service and have been for a while. Everything available is re-built with a core charge. I installed a new rebuilt one from Dorman. Now the fob won't operate the door locks or the anti-theft. Everything else works as it should.

Anyone know if maybe the main control module is not recognizing the new part? Can it be reprogrammed to do so? I stopped at the local Chevy dealer and the service writer didn't know anything didn't know about it. He asked a couple of techs and they didn't know either.

Any GM techs here?

nomad
Bruce Guertin

Easily distracted by bright shiny objects.

Wife says I'm a new adventure every day.

Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781

Posts: 2544 | Location: Auburndale, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
If the switches inside the truck are working properly, maybe try reprogramming the fob. My '02 1500HD did that and I reprogrammed the fob and now it locks and unlocks the doors and sets the alarm.

Posts: 297 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
How do you reprogram the fob?

nomad
Bruce Guertin

Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781

Posts: 2544 | Location: Auburndale, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Have you tried googling it!

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I cant remember the exact procedure, but as Nick said, its on the internet. Its easy to do, like you turn the key on, hold a button down till the door lock cycles. I just cant think of the exact sequence.

Posts: 297 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
I found the instructions on the innerweb. It worked on my wife's fob but, not mine. Checked the battery in mine. It was good so the fob must be bad. Bought new Dorman 13733 replacement fob. It should be here tomorrow.

Oh, Thanks for pointing my nose in the right direction fellas.

nomad
Bruce Guertin

DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
the fobs can be a pain to program. follow the instructions to a tee. repeat lol

Posts: 1239 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
New fob got here 15 minutes ago. It works correctly and we be good.

nomad
Bruce Guertin

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
clapping

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post