New
Find
Notify
Tools

3126 help
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Can’t believe no one that gets on this sight has ever replaced 3126 Cat in FL70 Freightliner with different brand or size of engine. Very nice toter but need more power,

Posts: 3 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 22, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
It is not cost effective.Unless you have 2 identical units side by side. Say 1 Cummins and the other a 3126.
Engine replacement
Complete interior and exterior loom assembly
Engine mounting
Allison transmission HP rating/converter
Driveshaft Lengths.
Exhaust system
Fuel system routing and returns
Now this is where it gets tricky. A fuse panel assembly with a 3126 VS a Cummins will be wired differently.
Now comes the VIN issue.
This is just for starters...
What HP are you at now?. On these 26's, the cost to even turn these up is expensive. Doing it correctly. Turbo/flash/Injectors. Etc. Certified Cat shop, You looking at 8-10K. For what little HP you gain.Just my opinion.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TD3550,

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Buck2248
posted Hide Post
I just had mine turned up and it made a huge difference. I was at 275 hp, it was gutless pulling my stacker. I was amazed at the difference. I was basically almost flatfooted on the gas pedal all the time and now I do not have to be. I feel fuel mileage will be better also since the change. I had my ECM reprogrammed. wish I would have done it sooner. It still isnt a powerhouse but it was miserable driving before always struggling to get up little hills let alone the big ones. It definitely made a huge improvement on mine.

Mike Buchwald

Posts: 538 | Location: Caledonia, Mississippi | Registered: January 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buck2248:
I just had mine turned up and it made a huge difference. I was at 275 hp, it was gutless pulling my stacker. I was amazed at the difference. I was basically almost flatfooted on the gas pedal all the time and now I do not have to be. I feel fuel mileage will be better also since the change. I had my ECM reprogrammed. wish I would have done it sooner. It still isnt a powerhouse but it was miserable driving before always struggling to get up little hills let alone the big ones. It definitely made a huge improvement on mine.

Was this a CAT program and what was the cost?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6379 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Buck2248
posted Hide Post
It was not a cat tune. Message me and if can probably get you more info

Mike Buchwald

Posts: 538 | Location: Caledonia, Mississippi | Registered: January 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post