DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Racepak winter maintenance #1
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Racepak winter maintenance #1
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
While the equipment itself doesn't need maintenance there a few things on the software side to be done over the off season.

Clearing your SD card, changing the default date and backing up your data are the 3 I recommend.

Here's a video on clearing the card : RP SD card cleanup

What I do in my own cars is rotate between 2 SD cards. Here's how I do it: All my 2020 runs are on SD card "A", SD card "B" has my 2019 runs. So this weekend I'll perform the clean-off procedure on the "B" card (2019 runs) and put that empty card into my recorder for 2021. That way you always have the prior years card/runs available. Also, I keep the spare SD card in the race car tied on with a bread tie so that I can quickly use it if I'm in the lanes are realize I left the primary card in the laptop.

In the case of the IQ3D recorder dash you can get your micro SD cards from an office supply store. If you have a Sportsman or V300SD I'd recommend getting the card from a Racepak Dealer as the handle is glued on and the recorders can only handle 16GB or less.

Posts: 671 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: April 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Thanks greg!

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post