New
Find
Notify
Tools

msd 6014 help
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I hear complaints and people having to send back the MSD Grid as well. Dont think that just because you run a distributor you will get away from MSDs issues.

Posts: 33 | Location: Xenia | Registered: June 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of rs72z
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1leg:
quote:
Originally posted by rs72z:
Box is on it's way back to msd. Sure screwed up my plan of being able to race this weekend.

This is the reason I will be buying a second box for a back up as soons as the car is ready to go to the track. My next LS engine will get a distributer so I can run the standard MSD ignitions.

Well my plan was to run a distributor until i started pricing all of it, so i decided that the 6014 was the way to go. If i had done a little more research i would have gone with the dizzy for sure, after seeing all the problems they have had with them.
Trying to get out cheap always bites me in the azz! Super Angry

Posts: 206 | Location: texas | Registered: November 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I looked through the programming for the 6014 some more today and I’m impressed what this box is capable of doing considering the low cost of only $365. It’s perty cool!!

I’d prefer this 6014 control over a distributor on a LS. Less expensive and some of the same programmable features found in MSD Grid and other features also not found in Grid.

I understand your frustration with this, but I’ll bet you’ll receive back the same ignition box that you sent with the same serial number and it’ll work properly.

Posts: 2448 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of rs72z
posted Hide Post
I hope your right, and i still have a lot to learn about what all the box can do. This is my first time messing with this type of tuning.
Race i was wanting to make this weekend was cancelled anyway.

Posts: 206 | Location: texas | Registered: November 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of rs72z
posted Hide Post
Talked to msd this morning.....box was bad and they are shipping a new one to me. Hopefully this one will be good!

DRR Trophy
Picture of 1leg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rs72z:
Talked to msd this morning.....box was bad and they are shipping a new one to me. Hopefully this one will be good!

Good news

Meziere Tech.
Make sure your water pump is on whenever you check your coolant level.

Posts: 237 | Location: Escondido | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of rs72z
posted Hide Post
MSD is really on my **** list now!!!
New box showed up today......only they sent me a digital 6a instead of the 6014!! I am so pissed right now. Bad enough the original box was bad now this! Super Angry

DRR Trophy
Picture of 1leg
posted Hide Post
Other options

http://www.daytona-sensors.com...-control-module.html

Meziere Tech.

Posts: 237 | Location: Escondido | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of rs72z
posted Hide Post
That's the next step if this doesn't work out. They are sending me another box, be here tuesday.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of rs72z
posted Hide Post
Good news good news!!!! New box came in and it fired right up!!!
Hopefully i can get some testing in this weekend!

DRR Trophy
Picture of 1leg
posted Hide Post
That is great news. Glad they took care of you in the end. Now save up for the spare!

Meziere Tech.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of rs72z
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1leg:
That is great news. Glad they took care of you in the end. Now save up for the spare!

Sucks that i need to buy a spare for a brand new part!!!

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Your new ignition should be fine and not require replacement. Before even considering purchasing a spare definitely run this one until the warranty expires prior to purchasing another. Then if you do decide to purchase, put the new one in with warranty and run it the warranty duration.

I use Grid and although I have two of the 7730 boxes I rotate them every year so I know I have a known good spare. These 7730 boxes are over 6 years old and have been in more than just my car without a failure.

Posts: 2448 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 1leg
posted Hide Post
Well I sure would hate to tow 10 hours to a race and not have a spare ignition box that you are likly not to find another 1 at the track. But thats me.

Meziere Tech.