DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Looking for ind. epoxy
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for ind. epoxy
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
Looking for indeustrial strnght epoxy for motorhome sides. We have an FL-70 with 24' box.The aluminum siding has turned loose on cpl seems. We use a supposed to be the greatest stuff ever epoxy when built. We can and may have to rivet it before all is said and done. Would rather avoid if can.

I have some work to do inside as results of seams opening and damage. Need to seal up outside first needless to say. Any suggestions on epoxy you have used or know results from other using?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wideopen231,

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4158 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Panel bond like body shops use....

2 part that mixes in the gun you need to buy with the tubes

The stuff is excellent and easy to find...Body shop supply places or online

I had a Motorhome that the hinge mounts came off of for the front access panel for the generator

Steel to fiberglass.....Used panel bond and a couple vise grip type c- clamps.....and the stuff worked perfect...rock solid...

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Panel bond like body shops use....

2 part that mixes in the gun you need to buy with the tubes
I had a Motorhome that the hinge mounts came off of for the front access panel for the generator

X2 on the panel bond !!! I have yet to find something panel bond does not work well on LOL

Posts: 1421 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Either panel bond as suggested or on the truck conversion pages a lot of people recommend 3m VFB or VHB tape not sure on exact 3 letters

Posts: 386 | Location: Natick MA | Registered: November 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Top355x:
Either panel bond as suggested or on the truck conversion pages a lot of people recommend 3m VFB or VHB tape not sure on exact 3 letters

Thought about that. Problem is panels mostly in place and with the tape you have zero adjustments after solid contact. The epoxy has a small window but should allow to adjust anything. Only problem with epoxy is keeping exposed part of panel being overlapped clean.

Posts: 4158 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Use 3” wide masking tape I use the blue painters tape when I chalk our tubs tape lines smooth chalk and peel tape for nice clean edges

Posts: 386 | Location: Natick MA | Registered: November 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Top355x.

50 bucks if you get my father to go along with that, Since we built motorhome together using company funding its 50/50 deal. If never worked with father you have no idea how well that 50 bucks would be earned. Hell 500 would be under payment.LMAO

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Dads involved I’m out not going there Good luck

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Thanks a lot.LOL