DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Elite 500 line lock wiring
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elite 500 line lock wiring
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of vega3410
posted
Can I wire the line lock to the sfo terminal so the line lock will work the trans brake button without hooking a button to the llpb terminal?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: vega3410,

In greed we trust...So where's my money at?

Posts: 187 | Location: Elyria,Ohio | Registered: February 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
If you have a pro-brake you won’t have brakes when backing up, unless you wire a separate button that bypasses the box.

Rob Robertson

Posts: 961 | Location: Welcome, MD | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
Doesn't the Elite 500, as well as the Mega 450 box have LL circuits on them?

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

Posts: 410 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
You will have brakes when backing up the pressure will push past the line lock and hold until box times out. Been doing it with my 450 for years. It’s not a big deal for me.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
But I must add you will still need a line lock button wired up for burnout. Using the sfo just applies linelock when transbrake is applied.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Slick Vic
posted Hide Post
Wire line loc push button to LLPB, SFO terminal goes to Line Loc, and set SFO to mode 3. It will engage when transbrake or when push button for line loc is pushed. You can wire a pushbutton around the box to the transbrake for backing up then that will not engage the line loc. Also by doing this, if you have a newer box that rpm records, i don't believe the 500 does this, you arm the box to record when the transbrake releases.

302-786-1078
slickvic@slickvicracing.com

www.slickvicracing.com
302-786-1078

Dealer for most major brands, including Simpson, Necksgen, Hans, Strange, Moser, Amsoil, Aerospace, Digital Delay, Hoosier, M/T, Goodyear, Redhorse, MSD, Racepak, Lucas, and more.

Complete racecar wiring and custom CNC parts available.

Posts: 131 | Location: Delaware | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Slick Vic:
Wire line loc push button to LLPB, SFO terminal goes to Line Loc, and set SFO to mode 3. It will engage when transbrake or when push button for line loc is pushed. You can wire a pushbutton around the box to the transbrake for backing up then that will not engage the line loc. Also by doing this, if you have a newer box that rpm records, i don't believe the 500 does this, you arm the box to record when the transbrake releases.

Great post, but instead of wiring your backup button "around the box" it is easiest and cleanest to wire your button with +12V on one side and wire the other side of the button directly to the Transbrake terminal of the delay box.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3149 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of vega3410
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by green1:
But I must add you will still need a line lock button wired up for burnout. Using the sfo just applies linelock when transbrake is applied.

Line lock is currently wired to a button on the shifter.. so I can basically run a wire from the SFO terminal to the positive side of the line lock and all is good?

Posts: 187 | Location: Elyria,Ohio | Registered: February 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vega3410:
quote:

Line lock is currently wired to a button on the shifter.. so I can basically run a wire from the SFO terminal to the positive side of the line lock and all is good?

The line lock button on your shifter will have one wire going to +12V, and the other wire goes to the Line Lock PB terminal on the delay box.

At the line lock itself, the current ground wire stays put. The power wire will now come from the SFO terminal on the delay box.

With the SFO mode set to '3', the line lock will engage when the line lock button on your shifter is pressed or the transbrake is engaged.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3149 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of vega3410
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lenny5160:
quote:
quote:

Line lock is currently wired to a button on the shifter.. so I can basically run a wire from the SFO
terminal to the positive side of the line lock and all is good?

The line lock button on your shifter will have one wire going to +12V, and the other wire goes to the Line Lock PB terminal on the delay box.

At the line lock itself, the current ground wire stays put. The power wire will now come from the SFO terminal on the delay box.

With the SFO mode set to '3', the line lock will engage when the line lock button on your shifter is pressed or the transbrake is engaged.

Will I have to run a bypass button?

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Bypass button for what?
I have mine wired like explain above and yes my linelock is engaged when I back up but that is something I can deal with by being easy on the brake pedal or not pressing it at all when putting into reverse. I do have to wait for it to time out sometimes before pulling ahead or if I had to jam on the brakes backing up but to me not a big deal.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Line lock is currently wired to a button on the shifter.. so I can basically run a wire from the SFO
terminal to the positive side of the line lock and all is good?

Will I have to run a bypass button?

Don't have to. It just enables you to use Reverse (assuming Pro Brake) without turning on the line lock, throttle stop, shifter if shifting on time, etc.

The throttle stop would use the SFO terminal, so you must not be using one of those.

Just be aware that if you hit the brakes while backing up, the line lock will cause them to stick on until you let go of the button and the time runs out.

Tony Leonard

DRR Trophy
Picture of vega3410
posted Hide Post
So I'll rewire mine as the instructions stat. I do run a ts but its hooked to the ts terminal.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Slick Vic
posted Hide Post
quote:

Great post, but instead of wiring your backup button "around the box" it is easiest and cleanest to wire your button with +12V on one side and wire the other side of the button directly to the Transbrake terminal of the delay box.

Yes, that is still "around the box" and most likely how i would wire it except some other situations depending on each case independently.

302-786-1078

www.slickvicracing.com
302-786-1078

Dealer for most major brands, including Simpson, Necksgen, Hans, Strange, Moser, Amsoil, Aerospace, Digital Delay, Hoosier, M/T, Goodyear, Redhorse, MSD, Racepak, Lucas, and more.

Complete racecar wiring and custom CNC parts available.

Posts: 131 | Location: Delaware | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
So I'll rewire mine as the instructions stat. I do run a ts but its hooked to the ts terminal.

Whoops, sorry. I mixed up throttle stop and starting line enhancer.

Tony Leonard