DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Pace trailer front cap replacement
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pace trailer front cap replacement
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of rs72z
posted
Has anyone replaced the front cap on their pace trailer? It's made out of tpo plastic i believe and is cracked in 2 places down the front plus almost all the way across the roof.
Pace wants 315 bucks for a new one. I found some online that looks the same for half price, but no one can tell me were to get the measurements from to make sure i get the right one. Width is a no brainer but height and depth is the question. It says 8" high and 8' deep. I can only assume that means to the radius of the bend?
Any help?

https://bendtrailers.com/wells...nt-roof-cap-1551937/

Posts: 206 | Location: texas | Registered: November 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
My Pace had a crack, but the cap is fiberglass. I used fiberglass cloth on the inside and resin with chopped fiberglass on the outside. Then a skim of bondo and painted it.

Posts: 1459 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of rs72z
posted Hide Post
Mines some sort of flexible plastic. Guess i will just spend the money on the one from pace.

Posts: 206 | Location: texas | Registered: November 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Had my front cap replaced under warranty for a crack. 3 years later cracked again,since sold the trailer for a bigger one

Posts: 36 | Location: canada | Registered: January 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I have a Pace trailer and needed to buy a spare wheel and was told Pace is out of business.

Posts: 1413 | Location: Yarnell, AZ | Registered: August 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mopacltd:
I have a Pace trailer and needed to buy a spare wheel and was told Pace is out of business.

I believe Pace American did fold a couple years ago, their assets were purchased by some other company, (Look Trailers). About a year ago I tried to obtain some tech info (wiring diagram) from them for my trailer, and they don't offer any support for products sold prior to their taking over the brand. The wheels are standard stuff, the axles and many components were made by other suppliers, so most things can be had from trailer repair shops and other aftermarket sources. Here is a link they have to a generic, downloadable pdf file "Owners Manual" for Pace trailers, it does have some useful maintenance info in it, etc. I recommend anyone who has a Pace trailer download a copy and save it, never know how long it may be available.
Pace Owners Manual

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1035 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of rs72z
posted Hide Post
Look told me the cap was available. I just hate to pay 315 for another one that will be in the same shape in a few years.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
RS72Z, how did you get in touch with them about parts? I couldn't even find any place on the website for parts, etc. I would like to get a couple of replacement decals/stickers to replace the faded ones on my trailer, but no idea where I would find them...

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1035 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post