Notify
Tools

Spark Plugs
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jmarkaudio:
If that is a methanol plug I would try a hotter plug. Methanol takes a long time to color like that if everything is right, even E85 stays white for a long time. Excessively rich or cold won't keep it clean. Even with methanol I don't pull out any higher than 140. Cold engines make power, as long as you get sufficient vaporized fuel and a hot enough spark. Methanol can be challenging, it takes a lot of heat out of the engine to vaporize. Over fueling makes it worse...

I'm curious what you're looking for on the ring? I'm looking for a crescent - methanol. This plug is nearly perfect IMO- + results. The car runs pretty decent, makes decent power for what it is, around 750hp according to weight.

I read you all the time so I am sincere in asking.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
It colored because, in those 12 runs I ran the dog shatz out of it, from the burnout to the stripe. I tried to blow it up to run a 5 N/A in 10 runs new engine.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of jmarkaudio
posted Hide Post
Got a closer clearer picture?

Mark Whitener
RFD Heads
FTI Converter
Fab Shop Headers
Home built 2 circuit Dominator :-)
www.racingfuelsystems.com

Good work isn't cheap and cheap work can't be good.

Posts: 1047 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post