DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Where to send oil for analysis?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where to send oil for analysis?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
I want to send a couple oil samples out to be analyzed. Should I just pick a lab from google or is there one that’s better for race car stuff?

Posts: 714 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of highstrung
posted Hide Post
Blackstone laboraties

https://m.blackstone-labs.com

Posts: 32 | Location: NY | Registered: April 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Here's one Paul switched to after Blackstone
Polaris Laboratories

Posts: 2459 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of ytoddmalibu
posted Hide Post
I use Blackstone also. Whomever you choose be sure to send a virgin sample of your oil for a baseline. That way you have something to compare the samples to.

Todd P

3/28/2014 RIP Juli Pasch the love of my life for ever

Posts: 29 | Location: MidMichMotorplex | Registered: December 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
Polaris Laboratories

What is the cost?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6406 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
Polaris Laboratories

What is the cost?

You need to purchase a lubrication test package HERE

Posts: 2459 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ron Gusack
posted Hide Post
I've been using Blackstone. Did Paul decide that Blackstone was junk?? If so I guess I'll have to look at Polaris.

Posts: 459 | Location: Maryland | Registered: January 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ron Gusack:
I've been using Blackstone. Did Paul decide that Blackstone was junk?? If so I guess I'll have to look at Polaris.

I believe Paul switched because it was less expensive than Blackstone. With Polaris you do need to purchase a package of 10 pre-paid analysis, but this is still a substantial savings when compared to Blackstone even with the shipping charges. I believe this could be best if checking oil every change. For intermittent checks Blackstone could be a better choice.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
your local napa has oil sample kits buy them then all ya do is add a stamp and send it.

Posts: 39 | Location: ohio | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post