Share |
DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Racepak oil sensor
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Racepak oil sensor
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of gd31
posted
Racepak says not to mount directly to block due to vibration messing with the readings. Door car guys, where are you mounting them remotely? Assuming fittings with braided line?

Posts: 625 | Location: Greenwood Indiana | Registered: November 16, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post

Posts: 571 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: April 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of BarneyB
posted Hide Post
What Greg is showing, I didn't know this until I had to by a replacement vacuum sensor because I had mine threaded right into the block, it didn't last long.

Blaster Chemical Co.
www.abruzziracing.com
www.moserengineering.com
www.houseofpayneperformance.com
WiredTwoWin race car wiring
J & J Performance
Trick Flow Specialties

Posts: 2407 | Location: Wadsworth, Ohio | Registered: December 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of gd31
posted Hide Post
Ok thanks. I got the bigger 2 wire one, figured it would still have to be mounted on firewall some how.

Posts: 625 | Location: Greenwood Indiana | Registered: November 16, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I have put the oil pressure sensor on the block and have not had issues until I had a rod let go, the vibrations from this killed the sensor but it was good for a number of years prior. Still not a bad idea to isolate the sensors from the motor. I just didn't want to deal with another oil pressure line so I took my chances!

Posts: 1132 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Tee it into the back of the gauge.
Less wiring and out of engine compartment.

Posts: 73 | Location: indianapolis in | Registered: July 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gd31:
Ok thanks. I got the bigger 2 wire one, figured it would still have to be mounted on firewall some how.

that one comes with the big cushion clamp to mount it:

Posts: 571 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: April 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gd31:
Racepak says not to mount directly to block due to vibration messing with the readings. Door car guys, where are you mounting them remotely? Assuming fittings with braided line?

If you happen to be running process line to the dash gauge? you can add a T fitting at the gauge for the sensor. That's what I did for Oil Pressure

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12143 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of gd31
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greg Kelley:
that one comes with the big cushion clamp to mount it:
[IMG]
http://motorsportsinnovations....-0100SD-sm.jpg[/IMG]

Yes that's the one that came with my car, just didn't get the clamp with it

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragstersForSale.com
posted Hide Post
Ive got a ton of them, I'll send you one.

JB Strassweg
Info@DragstersForSale.com
812-434-2203

www.DragstersForSale.com

Posts: 1216 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of gd31
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DragstersForSale.com:
Ive got a ton of them, I'll send you one.

Thanks JB