New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lifters
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I'm gonna start over because now you've imagined several things that were never said.

We'll start with this.

Where in any of my post's (reality), did I compare pro stock to bracket racing?

Instead of debating where in any of my post's have I said, I have a dislike for all bushed lifters. I'll just say now I have no dislike for bushed lifters. In fact, I've used bushed lifters in engines I have assembled.

I'm not sure where you're coming up with this stuff. It's certainly not anything that has been said by me.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
I'm gonna start over because now you've imagined several things that were never said.

We'll start with this.

Instead of debating where in any of my post's have I said, I have a dislike for all bushed lifters. I'll just say now I have no dislike for bushed lifters. In fact, I've used bushed lifters in engines I have assembled.

I'm not sure where you're coming up with this stuff. It's certainly not anything that has been said by me.

In a lifter topic on a bracket racing forum, why would you throw out a non sequitur about what Pro Stock is or is not using?

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3148 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
Has anyone noticed rebuilt lifters being of lesser quality than a new set of the same lifter? I've never done it before, but I have plenty of time to pull my Isky bushed lifters out and have them done before the freshen will be complete.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3148 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mitch H
posted Hide Post
No. They come back like brand new. Ran the 2019 season on rebuilt Isky's….

Posts: 154 | Location: PA | Registered: December 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lenny5160:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:

We'll start with this.

In a lifter topic on a bracket racing forum, why would you throw out a non sequitur about what Pro Stock is or is not using?

Because I know how this works. If you're mass producing transmissions, you're building them on the safe side, the same as engines. You're looking for a camshaft that makes good power but is easier on parts. The same as a transmission, pressure's on the safe side.

If you do your own on the other hand, you may lean towards not being on the safe side with less clutches/pressure or a more aggressive lobe.

It's a fundamental of pushrod combustion engine's, a needle bearing provides for less resistance to roll. Pro Stock was just a quicker path to exemplify the fundamental.

The camshaft I run my 427 sbc, I chose a needle bearing lifter purposely for the reason the lobe is aggressive, pressures high. I'd bracket race it but I wouldn't even pick it to put in someone else's engine for bracket racing.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Don't get me wrong though. Some of these guys come up with easy on parts camshafts that make great power. That's the competition for them, good power and durability. The manufacturers are in on the competition as well. It stands to reason a builder doesn't wanna give you a build you say "wow it was fast but hard on lifters, no matter the lifter I tried. That would be a quick way to lose to the competition.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the input, I have a set of Jesel that have a few runs on them and i think that i will send them back and let them go through them and put those in my new engine. No matter who's lifter you use they are all pretty pricey.

Posts: 33 | Location: waverly tn | Registered: February 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I have asked before and would still like to hear if anyone has any experience with the Black Mamba lifters?

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3969 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post