DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Crank trigger ignition issue
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Crank trigger ignition issue
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I've used MSD wires in the past but prefer Moroso Ultra 40 unsleeved 8.65mm wires, 40 ohms/ft. , part # 73712 for a BBC run under the headers/dragster and # 73728 run over the valve covers/firebird.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I still say most likely problem is bad 7AL-2 box.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3972 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I bought MSD this last time and that is what is on my car now and haven't had an issue, however I think I will be going to Magnecore wires the next time I need them. They have a tremendous amount of FACTUAL technical information on their website and they were very helpful on the phone. They break down the facts from the marketing hype which is rampant in the ignition wire industry.

https://www.magnecor.com/magnecor1/main.htm

BG

Posts: 758 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BG7X77:
I bought MSD this last time and that is what is on my car now and haven't had an issue, however I think I will be going to Magnecore wires the next time I need them. They have a tremendous amount of FACTUAL technical information on their website and they were very helpful on the phone. They break down the facts from the marketing hype which is rampant in the ignition wire industry.

https://www.magnecor.com/magnecor1/main.htm

damn and I just bought new ones... those look good. do they come in black?

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1513 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think I will be going to Magnecore wires the next time I need them. They have a tremendous amount of FACTUAL technical information on their website and they were very helpful on the phone. They break down the facts from the marketing hype which is rampant in the ignition wire industry.

If the ignition control systems on my race car ( MSD Grid and Holley HP ) “required” the use of a RFI or EMI spark plug wire with 2.2k ohms resistance /ft, then Magnecor might be what I’m looking for. The fact is, they don’t.

The MSD Grid 7720 amplifier, MSD 8261 HVC-2 coil and MSD Super Conductor wires on my ignition will open the gap on a NGK-9 plug from 30 thou to 42 thousands in 500 runs. The engine will perform the same as if the spark plugs were new or at 500 runs. I do not index my spark plugs.

If someone using Magnecor or any other higher resistance wires on a high compression race engine could report their experience with these I’d be interested in reading it.

Posts: 2440 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post