Find
Notify
Tools

How Much Paint?
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted
I am thinking about painting my 24ft Enclosed trailer. I want to use single stage Nason Urethane. Its white now-possibly will change to grey. Anyone done this before?

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
We painted a 24' enclosed once for a local Moose lodge at school once, no shyt. We rolled that one though Razz

All joking aside I see at least 2 gallons, probably 3. Nason Ful-thane is mixed 8-1-2 so 2 gallons mixed will give you almost 3 gallons sprayable. You're gonna need 3 coats total, the first coat is gonna be a light tack coat, them 2 full wet coats. If you're too aggressive on the first coat, it likes to run.

I'd suggest painting the trailer in two parts. Do the nose and one side first, that way you'll get an idea of paint consumption and 2nd it will be easier to manage. I like Nason Ful-thane, It's affordable,holds up well and is pretty easy to spray. I love the single stage black, its deep as could be and looks wet.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Did my 92 Pace, 2 gallons.What took time was DA the whole trailer. Scuff around the screws. PIA
Got a nice weather day. Used PPG Delfleet white.
Used 2 cheap Binks guns ready to go. Had the trailer sitting in the mild sun. Shoot away.
Came out like glass. I was impressed. That was 6 years ago. Still looks great. New owner. My Automan Direct drive air compressor has an automatic tank drain. Go for it.... Dusted the first one on, Tac it up, Went to town. 3 coats.

Posts: 1408 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
They make round hook and loop skuff pads that will work on a DA. They save a lot of time around screws.

Sorry TD3550, information a little too late.

Posts: 64 | Location: south carolina | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HS professor:
We painted a 24' enclosed once for a local Moose lodge at school once, no shyt. We rolled that one though Razz

All joking aside I see at least 2 gallons, probably 3. Nason Ful-thane is mixed 8-1-2 so 2 gallons mixed will give you almost 3 gallons sprayable. You're gonna need 3 coats total, the first coat is gonna be a light tack coat, them 2 full wet coats. If you're too aggressive on the first coat, it likes to run.

I'd suggest painting the trailer in two parts. Do the nose and one side first, that way you'll get an idea of paint consumption and 2nd it will be easier to manage. I like Nason Ful-thane, It's affordable,holds up well and is pretty easy to spray. I love the single stage black, its deep as could be and looks wet.
i agree with all of this

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....
6.86 @ 198 trying for more......

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

Posts: 1084 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post