DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Storing drums of alcohol outside?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Storing drums of alcohol outside?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Does anyone store their drums of alcohol outside? If so what precautions do you take? I'm thinking about keeping mine under my deck covered with a tarp, they are the clear plastic drums. Is it recommended or not? I just don't have room in my garage to keep 2 or 3 drums.

thanks!

Jason McLawhorn
Greenville, NC
1955 Chevy

Posts: 476 | Location: Greenville, North Carolina | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I kept mine outside, behind my shop for years. Make sure there's no water standing on top of the drums. I put a brick under one side of each drum to keep them tilted slightly. Maybe not necessary but I never had any fuel problems.

I used to be a people person, but people ruined that.

Posts: 225 | Location: Usually home | Registered: January 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
cool deal! Thanks man!!

Jason McLawhorn
Greenville, NC
1955 Chevy

Posts: 476 | Location: Greenville, North Carolina | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Luvtruck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4link1955:
Does anyone store their drums of alcohol outside? If so what precautions do you take? I'm thinking about keeping mine under my deck covered with a tarp, they are the clear plastic drums. Is it recommended or not? I just don't have room in my garage to keep 2 or 3 drums.

thanks!

I can store them for you as long as you don't push my race car outside....lol

I keep mine under the carport.

Posts: 242 | Location: Vanceboro NC | Registered: February 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post