DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    GMC techs a little help!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GMC techs a little help!
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of deadon1578
posted
2004 GMC 3500 Duramax with auto Climate control. Ran A/C on way to track yesterday, no problems, on way home drivers side blowing hot, passenger side blows cold, both knobs on 60°. Is it the main control in center of dash? Or is there another control for the doors? Thanks in advance!

Posts: 46 | Location: md | Registered: July 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Drivers side blend door actuator is bad more than likely.

Google it.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Driver side is the easy one to change. Bottom of heater case over the trans. hump.

Posts: 337 | Location: up on the wheel | Registered: March 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Just did my 03 while I was doing the heater core. Had continuous clicking noise on cold air, right side control. Might be easier to remove dash pad for upper and left center lower controller. I replaced both because I didn’t want to do it twice..Make sure you put the correct part number controller in the correct box... Big Grin

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4470 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of deadon1578
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help guys, I found a way to reset the system on line. Once that was done it started to blow cold on driver side for about 10 seconds, then moved back to heat. Just ordered drivers side blend door by the part# on the old one. This is the easy one, I will let you know the results!

Posts: 46 | Location: md | Registered: July 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Brktracer
posted Hide Post
Please update when you change it. My '05 has had this same problem with both sides intermittently forever. The online reset method sort of works sometimes. It's an aggravating issue because it normally happens when it's hot.

Matt Ward

Posts: 1389 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: March 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of deadon1578
posted Hide Post
UPDATE: Thanks guys, drivers side blend door actuator solved problem! NOTE: bought a cheap one from Amazon for $25, JUNK!!! The connection plug was not cast right, plug would not line up! returned it and got an AC DELCO.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have been following this as my 05 trailblazer is doing the same thing. I removed the actuator from the driver side blend door and left it hooked up to the harness but just hanging.Double checked to make sure door was closing completely, I still have warm air blowing out the driver side vents and cold out of passenger side. Any other ideas about what could be happening?

Posts: 292 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post