DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Trailer lift, Gemini(Rad) or Stinger?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trailer lift, Gemini(Rad) or Stinger?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted
I realize most people buy a trailer with a lift already installed. I'm doing it wrong.......adding the lift. Pro's and con's of the two different brands? There is a reasonable cost difference, but considering two race cars and a trailer are at stake, the cost is irrelevant. I can say that Gemini seems most popular, however I called T&E about ordering a lift and they directed me to Stinger. Stinger has some nice features for installation, but nothing that sways me either way. So what do you think?

Posts: 1364 | Location: Lansing,Mi | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
If T&E says Stinger, you buy a Stinger. Their trailers are 2nd to none including Goldrush.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of sst5167
posted Hide Post
Gemini does seem to be seen in more and more of the newer trailers. I assume it has a lot to do with their cost to the trailer manufacturer.
I have zero experience with Gemini, but my dads stacker had a Stinger, and that lift never caused a single issue in the 11 years he owned it.
On another note, Stinger by Axe also builds race cars. Mostly circle track cars, but have built a handful of dragsters. They have quite the facility in the middle of nowhere Kansas.
I wouldn't consider anything but Stinger after dealing with them on my wife's dragster, and seeing the top notch operation. Seem to be a great group of people.

Mike Boehner

Posts: 92 | Location: Lake Havasu City, AZ | Registered: January 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
I have had both, no problems with either that I recall.

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
I ordered a Stinger today. Having had several conversations with both manufacturers, Stinger stepped up and closed the deal. Four to five week wait.

Posts: 1364 | Location: Lansing,Mi | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
good decision.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post