DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Racers with 75 - 79 Nova
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Racers with 75 - 79 Nova
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
Racers,

I find myself between projects. I have access to a 77 Nova in good condition. Let me hear from those of you racing that body.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1827 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Not a nova but a 77 camaro so a similar platform. I can say there is plenty of weight to be removed. Especially in the front bumper and radiator support area. Front brakes are heavy too. Rotors caliper and pads are close to 50 pounds per side.

Posts: 486 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of David_D.
posted Hide Post
My brother has a 76 and his son has a 77. Both very good cars. These cars run small blocks, glides and 28x9 tires.

David Deming
1974 Chevy Nova Custom Hatchback
Horsepower Innovations E85 Carb

Posts: 325 | Location: Nampa, ID | Registered: October 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Front frame suspension parts are same from 70-81 camaro. Installed a rack and pinion kit for a 70-81 camaro on the one i work on from time to time. Also cut the frame rails off right in front of the control arm mounts and built a nice basket in the front. Leaves plenty of room.

The backhalf is leafspring so nothing special there, calverts, anti roll, adjustable shocks, if you want mini tub that's pretty easy too.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Triple Nickel,

Posts: 370 | Location: Pride, La | Registered: April 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Nothing wrong with that...

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
Larry, sending you a PM...

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1032 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Eeeerybody knows the experts on these cars are on facecrack in Real Bracket Racing Tech....

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1603 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of 2doggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:
Eeeerybody knows the experts on these cars are on facecrack in Real Bracket Racing Tech....

Just be sure to thank them for letting you join the page.

Why do you ask, 2doggs racing??????

Posts: 43 | Location: Grand Jct., CO | Registered: October 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post