DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Anyone running the new Goodyear 3111 35x15x16 Tires?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone running the new Goodyear 3111 35x15x16 Tires?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of David Gerard
posted
Considering them for our TD.

Are you happy with them?
Any special considerations?
What tire pressure are you running?

Thanks...

Posts: 413 | Location: Fullerton, CA | Registered: June 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Looks like your going to be the first, let us know how they work. I am an old Goodyear guy from way back when, I would be interested in your results

Posts: 2410 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Is that a high growth construction tire like the 2533 (D2A)? Info is vague on the 3111. 3111 comes in at 110

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Just put the big bubba on it and be done with it

Posts: 155 | Location: Syracuse NY | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of SC 119E
posted Hide Post
A lot of time and effort went into developing this tire.
I'm planning on testing a set this weekend.

Dan Page dragster
Harold Martin NA 632 w/MBE 11*
A-1 trans & converter
6.490 205.79

Posts: 9 | Location: Everett, Ma | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Let us know how they work

Posts: 2410 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
D2A High growth? Hold on. lol Where you starting at? 6

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of David Gerard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SC 119E:

What's the engine package?

Findings on tire pressure, etc. is appreciated!

Posts: 413 | Location: Fullerton, CA | Registered: June 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of SC 119E
posted Hide Post
Engine came back from the builder today: 632 w/ MBE 11* heads & electronic fuel injection burning VP C45. Hoping to get on the track Sunday if the weather cooperates.

Dan Page dragster
A-1 trans & converter
6.490 205.79

Posts: 9 | Location: Everett, Ma | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Out of my league but I am curious to know how the new tire works for you.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3990 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of SC 119E
posted Hide Post
Made a few hits today with both the Big Bubba and the new Goodyear...had the car set up too aggressive both with rear gear and converter and couldn't get a representative run on either. Going to try again end of the week.

Dan Page dragster
A-1 trans & converter
6.490 205.79

DRR Sportsman
Picture of David Gerard
posted Hide Post
Hope you have better luck this weekend!

DRR Pro
Picture of Don Higgins Crew Chief Pro Software
posted Hide Post
Is it just me or do these look exactly like a Mickey Thompson tire with Goodyear on the side?

Crew Chief Pro 7.980. It is not an evolution in Crew Chief Software, it is a Revolution in Crew Chief Software
Drag Racing Software and Professional Weather Stations(309) 688-2990

Visit us on the web at http://www.crewchiefpro.com

Are you a Producer or a Parasite?

Author of the book, "But Who Will Save The Children."

Posts: 1381 | Location: Bartonville Illinois | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Sidewall stands up like a bubba tire does...that is how it looks in the pics...r

Curious of the results with further testing.

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SC 119E:

So how did testing go....

Posts: 1251 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Curious as well?

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
Definitely interesting with the fact that on another recent tire thread someone out in Vegas has had some good luck with GY... If the OP had good luck with these, I wonder how they'd work on a typical 4.50-slower bracket car

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

Posts: 410 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 290td
posted Hide Post
Any news on your progress?

Posts: 2 | Location: Tampa | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
One pass=SHAKE,RATTLE,AN ROLL.....

Posts: 1251 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
MT's are still King by far IMO and when I walk the lanes at any TD event, about 99% of the racers agree!

IMO it is the most user friendly tire going by far!

Posts: 2145 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post