Notify
Tools

Drag dash
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of 7959
posted
Which Drag Dash?
Would like data recording and large enough to see the display...

Posts: 26 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: August 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
RPM Performance.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Racepak IQ3

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
RPM none better.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3990 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Holley 6.86" Pro Dash

Posts: 2447 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
Holley 6.86" Pro Dash

I'm glad your "trans fan" is off. Smile

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Roger McGinnis:I'm glad your "trans fan" is off.

The Virtual Switches I created on the Holley Pro dash (I have several more) are used in the logic of the HP ECU “inversely”. This means as long as the switch is in the OFF position, the item it is attached to is being controlled by RPM and/or Temp settings in the logic.

What this does is allow these items to work automatically when the ignition is ON and the parameters are met for their activation. As long as the engine RPM is greater than 400 the water pump will be activated. If water temp is greater than 170 radiator fan will cycle ON until temp drops below 169. Same with the Trans Fan. If the throttle is greater than 75% (during a run) the fans stop running if activated and start again when throttle is below 75%.

When I toggle any of these switches ON, it de-activates this automatic mode and I can then use the toggle switch panel to control these items manually if desired.

When the main disconnect is cycled, the dash will cycle with it resetting any Virtual switch to the default setting which is OFF.

The Oil Pressure and Water Temps are also on Visual Alarms.

Posts: 2447 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
quote:
Originally posted by Roger McGinnis:I'm glad your "trans fan" is off.

The Virtual Switches I created on the Holley Pro dash (I have several more) are used in the logic of the HP ECU “inversely”. This means as long as the switch is in the OFF position, the item it is attached to is being controlled by RPM and/or Temp settings in the logic.

What this does is allow these items to work automatically when the ignition is ON and the parameters are met for their activation. As long as the engine RPM is greater than 400 the water pump will be activated. If water temp is greater than 170 radiator fan will cycle ON until temp drops below 169. Same with the Trans Fan. If the throttle is greater than 75% (during a run) the fans stop running if activated and start again when throttle is below 75%.

When I toggle any of these switches ON, it de-activates this automatic mode and I can then use the toggle switch panel to control these items manually if desired.

When the main disconnect is cycled, the dash will cycle with it resetting any Virtual switch to the default setting which is OFF.

The Oil Pressure and Water Temps are also on Visual Alarms.

I would love to install a Holley ECU on our bracket car for some of these features mentioned here, makes it a breeze to run the car and set parameters for things like the fans etc.

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

Posts: 410 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NC3x58:I would love to install a Holley ECU on our bracket car for some of these features mentioned here, makes it a breeze to run the car and set parameters for things like the fans etc.

My original purchase started with the Pro Dash Stand Alone because that is what I wanted to clean up in my door car and I wanted this dash. But after I looked at how much more I could do with an ECU, I decided to purchase the HP model. The Dash allows for limited I/O expansion with HP, but the HP can be expanded now with an additional 8 I/O module if needed for a reduced cost. Purchasing Dominator ECU would offer the maximum, but is considerably more money and I didn’t need this much I/O. The HP with Pro Dash alone works for me and there is still more I plan to do with both.

I ran my MFI with the Holley HP controlling everything the first 3 months of this year learning how it works and making changes as I went. Grid is firing the ignition.

In July I switched to HP controlling EFI and the transition was seamless. The car ran very close to the same ET the very first passes. I kept much of the MFI equipment with EFI (Toilet, Pump and PrimerPlus) in this transition.

I have to give a BIG Thank You to RICK! in this forum for all the early learning help and equipment suggestions that made this transition to EFI a success.

If you are considering doing this, I suggest initially setting it up off the car to learn installation and programming. I spent 3 months during the winter programming the Pro Dash with HP and running it in the basement on a table with sensors and switches attached. This was wise. When it came time to install and execute changes, I was very familiar with what needed to be done.