DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Duramax 2003 Sac Injectors
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Duramax 2003 Sac Injectors
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted
Just purchased new Sac 45% injectors for my 03 DMax. Installation next week at RF Garage in Galt Ca. Rick has the Silver 70 Chevelle with a DMax. Car hauls a z z! I’ll let y’all know how the truck runs.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4470 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
How much did those run you? I just put 8 remans in my 02 couple months ago.

Stephen Liss jr

Posts: 329 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: April 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stephensx04:
How much did those run you? I just put 8 remans in my 02 couple months ago.

Steph, I’ve done it twice so I did some homework. The Bosch will fail again even with additives, prefilters and fingers crossed. Pretty sure they are around 3200$. The way I look at it now, I’ve already wasted money twice on Bosch parts and labor, I love this truck, I don’t want a new truck so here I am. I know others who have had one bosch set and they are fine but others worse than mine so I’m done playing. I’ll spend up one time and if these fail down the road I’ll buy something newer. You might be able to find them cheaper but I’m going through a shop out here, RF Garage in Galt Ca. The other option is upgrade engine to an 05 and they do all the legal paper work. I almost went that route but hearing such good reviews from the Sac injectors (Diesel Place site)I decided to go that way. I have a rear tank, Hastings huge diesel water/fuel separator before main tank too. Everything goes there first.
For sure run the snot out of yours, I’ll keep u posted or u can message me for a phone number.

BTW, I retired as a diesel mechanic 31 years and after just going my heater core at home.. Rick can do the injectors.. I’m good with that!!

This article from 2015, watched him run 10.80's easily in Fontana S/ST.
http://www.trucktrend.com/feat...-chevrolet-chevelle/

BP

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BP758,

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4470 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I got mine from a very reputable local Diesel shop. I put them in myself. The truck is used for summer towing only. So if it goes 50k miles im ok with that.

Stephen Liss jr

Posts: 329 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: April 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Just make sure you use the GM filter and change sooner than they say to.

Raceless in California!

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:

GM or Baldwin filters only. Whatever you do don't use one of the black plastic filters. When I worked at the Chevy dealer I had a fleet customer who was having all kinds of fuel system problems using the black plastic filters. He switched to Baldwin filters and had no more problems.

I used to be a people person, but people ruined that.

Posts: 225 | Location: Usually home | Registered: January 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woody B:
quote:

GM or Baldwin filters only. Whatever you do don't use one of the black plastic filters. When I worked at the Chevy dealer I had a fleet customer who was having all kinds of fuel system problems using the black plastic filters. He switched to Baldwin filters and had no more problems.

I just changed my filter, installed a Wix 33960XE and its black plastic.....good or bad. Had a Parker on it

Posts: 2410 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have been told by the local diesel injection service to not use the black plastic filters. They see nothing but trouble with trucks using them. I ordered a stock of Delco originals from Rockauto, and they were cheaper.

Posts: 16 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
$3200.
Wow! Ouch.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6375 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
quote:
Originally posted by Woody B:
quote:

I just changed my filter, installed a Wix 33960XE and its black plastic.....good or bad. Had a Parker on it

I'm normally a wix filter fan, but not for a d-max fuel filter. I'd change it today.

I used to be a people person, but people ruined that.

Posts: 225 | Location: Usually home | Registered: January 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Well that sucks, that filter was like $50

Posts: 2410 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
$3200.
Wow! Ouch.

My thoughts exactly. I won't be running out to buy one for sure.

Posts: 540 | Location: central Ar | Registered: June 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
http://lincolndieselspecialtie...-fuel-injectors.html

+ 300$ Core charge, I’m replacing steel fuel injector lines.
25 month warranty. Bosch has less?

Labor includes tune time.
Not trying to justify my cost or sell them. I did my homework, this works for me.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BP758,

Raceless in California!

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Well we just got the truck back. Smooth, quiet and boy does it run well. To Me ( I can't hear doo doo anymore) it sounds way quieter..

If you are interested, Ill put some laps on it and get back to you.

Raceless in California!