DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    There must be a big Heads Up ....
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

There must be a big Heads Up ....
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of C Hodge
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mike

Posts: 235 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: December 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by C Hodge:
Thanks Mike

You're welcome Sir.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Ratio Servo (right) is a better choice anytime there is high line pressure in play, I think.

Super Hold Servo (left) you can run 20% to 30% less line pressure than currently, and maintain the same band apply force in low gear.

eeny meanie miny moe

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Out of the JW valve bodies I see they have three different pressure ratings which one do you use

Posts: 387 | Location: Natick MA | Registered: November 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Top355x:
Out of the JW valve bodies I see they have three different pressure ratings which one do you use

We went 5.19 with a bracket racing caliber 23 degree sbc 427 at 3100 lbs with a set of Brodix Track 1 227 with a 700 lift bullet cam 114 lobe separation with 400 hp on a nitrous plate, 275 dot radial.

Car ran 6.30's n/a with the Cortina converter Paul's Converters did for us, no racepak at that time.

JW fast trans brake 215 psi line pressure with a Sonnex Super Hold Servo..

We've got a higher line pressure on that same car now 245psi and a guided pin servo kit in play with a Sonnex green spring, same Cortina converter PTC is now doing.

That's a good question, depends on the servo I'm using, and observed stall I'm looking to achieve

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
That car would go double 00's on the .370 Pro Tree at Bradenton when we put the JW Pro Tree Valve body in it.

I've never seen or heard of a radial tire car going double 00's staged shallow at Bradenton.

I put one in my car as well went Double 00's at Bradenton.

1100-1150 hp you can get away with *only* 215 psi line pressure with a Sonnax Super Hold Servo easily.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thank you

Posts: 387 | Location: Natick MA | Registered: November 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Top355x:
Thank you

You're welcome Sir, I figured somewhere in those examples was the answer you were looking for.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
These advances in powerglide servo design Sonnax have developed are pretty badazz, I think.

Both are designed to keep the band off the high drum, when in high gear, with a different approach.

The ratio servo you can run just about any line pressure I'd imagine, and keep the band off the drum in high gear, the racers running dumps with roller thrusts are probably perfecting that to their advantage - 4 speed powerglides.