DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    There must be a big Heads Up ....
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

There must be a big Heads Up ....
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted
Race at SGMP this month.

Got a smoking deal on this from JEGS, I think there's one left, if I were smart I'd get it while the getting is good.

Creme de la creme.

I got the sbf bell coming from SUMMIT and a Sonnax ratio servo.

Most the rest of the soft parts from TSR, I like their shift levers, everything they sell actually, they wrote the book.

TSI ringless input, 7 bolt pump and 1.69 kryo gearset.

Should be a nice piece, JW fast brake.

JW fast, hope it's not too fast for the .400 Pro Tree SGMP!

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
In case everyone hasn't seen these new billet steel powerglide pressure plates.

TSR makes them, if you break the oem which happens quite often, these are the fix.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
What did you pay

Posts: 386 | Location: Natick MA | Registered: November 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Top355x:
What did you pay

I can't say. Less than most, more than a few, I'm sure.

I put em every one I can whenever they're available, it's a good idea.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Reid two piece, billet steel pressure plate, Sonnax ratio servo, NASA ringless, 7 bolt pump, 1.69 kryo.

Pretty trick/nice piece 1500-1800hp.

DRR Trophy
Picture of DON KALINA
posted Hide Post
YOU EVER USE THAT SPEEDMASTER CASE..???...HOPE THEY'VE FIXED ALL THE LITTLE ISSUE'S...BOUGHT ONE...NEVER AGAIN..

Posts: 58 | Location: Northwest | Registered: August 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DON KALINA:
YOU EVER USE THAT SPEEDMASTER CASE..???...HOPE THEY'VE FIXED ALL THE LITTLE ISSUE'S...BOUGHT ONE...NEVER AGAIN..

No Sir, mostly REID.

The Ford REID bell showed up today but not the Sonnax ratio Servo.

When it shows up we'll have a look at it.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:

No Sir, mostly REID.

I tried to order several for stock and was told november ship date

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 701 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 329L:
quote:
quote:

No Sir, mostly REID.

Order what for stock? Sonnax ratio servo's, REID 2 piece cases, Speedmaster one piece cases or REID sbf bellhousings? Confused

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

No Sir, mostly REID.

Order what for stock? Sonnax ratio servo's, REID 2 piece cases, Speedmaster one piece cases or REID sbf bellhousings? Confused

The servos, sorry i wasnt more specific, since you said the servo was the only thing you didnt have in stock

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 701 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

No Sir, mostly REID.

The servos, sorry i wasnt more specific, since you said the servo was the only thing you didnt have in stock

Nickels has one left if you need one.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
REID 2 piece SFI Case
REID sbf SFI Bellhousing
TSI Roller Tailhousing
TSR Billet Reverse Piston
TSI 1.69 Planetary Gearset
TSI Roller Governor Support
TSI Seven Bolt Pump T400 Stator
TSI NASA Ringless Input Shaft
Sonnax Ratio Servo (Not Shown)
TSR High Flow Filter
JW Pro Tree Transmission Brake (Not Shown)
8 Clutch Drum (Not Shown)
TSR Shift Lever
TSI High Energy Band
TSI PG Extra Capacity Pan
TSR Billet Steel Pressure Plate

DRR Sportsman
Picture of C Hodge
posted Hide Post
Mike how fast is the Brake compared to a Bracket break ? I’m 00 on a .500 tree so need something a lot faster to run the .400 pro tree

Posts: 235 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: December 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by C Hodge:
Mike how fast is the Brake compared to a Bracket break ? I’m 00 on a .500 tree so need something a lot faster to run the .400 pro tree

So you run around 1.000 delay, letting go on the top Super Pro racing correct?

DRR Sportsman
Picture of C Hodge
posted Hide Post
1025-1035 depending on track. Last weekend was my first time on a pro tree. Friday i was .005 and -.003 red with 0 delay in the box

Posts: 235 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: December 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of C Hodge
posted Hide Post
On .500 tree. Saturday i was bumping in then two big bumps and was best or .04 on .400 tree. I want to set it up to shallow stage when i try the 6.0 class racing

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Before I changed valve bodies from bracket brake to a Pro Tree brake, I ran 1.050 delay.

That told me I could be .050 green on a .400 Pro Tree, with the bracket brake.

After I changed to the JW Pro Tree brake, I could be double 00 .400 Pro Tree. I did some other stuff in the transmission too though.

It's worth 4-5 hundredths, put some big M/T radials on it to make up for the other 5 hundredths you need

DRR Sportsman
Picture of C Hodge
posted Hide Post
I know theres other tings i need to change if i want to run more of it. Ive got 6” of front travel and a 27” tire i could make some changes there to help. Just looking for the fastest brake i can get

DRR Sportsman
Picture of C Hodge
posted Hide Post
With an FTI pro brake i was running 1050 in the box. I took it out because of inconsistency issues with lights

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by C Hodge:
I know theres other tings i need to change if i want to run more of it. Ive got 6” of front travel and a 27” tire i could make some changes there to help. Just looking for the fastest brake i can get

I was helping a guy with a heads up car I had done the trans, it had an intermittent sticking pressure regulator valve, trans would lose pressure. So I had him put a trans pressure gauge on the dash, he could keep an eye on.

So he's at a race at Bradenton, wakes up in the morning after qualifying the night before, starts car... no trans pressure. He calls me on the phone with the news. I asked which vendors were on the property, he says JW and one other. I suggested go get a JW valvebody.

He went from .030 mid hi .020 lights with another brand Pro Tree brake to 00's with the JW valvebody he installed at Bradenton.

JW is fastest period, easy on the tire too (relatively speaking).