DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Dragster driveshaft ?..
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dragster driveshaft ?..
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
jeff the centerof my ujoint is roughly 3.5 inches from the seal,my yoke will travel in roughly 1/2 in.hope this helps.there is a wall behind the bearing that prevents the yoke from being able to travel in much past the bearing.do not remove that wall or lip.i do know you will regret it if you do.

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1415 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Top38 thanks for the info on the double bearing. Rusty yours sounds like mine. I did remove the lip before last season because I was bottoming out then. Since then I found the swingarm shock bar hitting pinion bearing housing. So I extended the rod ends to clear. Now I have found out the whole swingarm cage is unlevel and not square. So I'm getting a new swingarm cage built then I will get to figure out driveshaft from there. Sure am glad this is the off season as I have fought this thing the last 2 seasons. All my fault for not checking things out but in my defense this is my first swingarm 4-link have always had hard tails and adjusting tire pressure was easy. Got to love it though takes my mind away from all the issues I have had to deal with the last few years. Good Luck to everyone this coming season and I will update when things come together. Thanks to all of you.

Jeff McClure

Posts: 240 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
https://images.app.goo.gl/7Q64NL1WhmBjZAzv7

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1518 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
you were lucky on removing the lip,there is a scenario where it will work.ther is also one where it wont ,i have done both..if i can help give me a shout.

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1415 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of NEMO963
posted Hide Post
Had not seen much on the CV shaft style for a while, take it your still running one JR? Wasn’t sure if he was still making them.

2015 M&M T/D
Nemo
Duty-Pride-Tradition
FTM/PTB

Posts: 312 | Location: Firehouse 10 Wichita Ks | Registered: February 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NEMO963:
Had not seen much on the CV shaft style for a while, take it your still running one JR? Wasn’t sure if he was still making them.

I am, still working great. He is still selling them to

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1518 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hotrod Corvette
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smokinjeff:
Coop 5140. I have pinion angle at 2.8 down. I hope what I found and have done fixes it cause I struggled all last year. Hope this driveshaft problem is the last thing for a long while. Thanks

Isn't that a lot of pinion angle? Maybe should be 1/2* to 1*. Will put the yoke further in the trans with less pinion angle

Burt

I'm So Proud To Be An American And Not A Democrat...

Posts: 1219 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
J R. Thanks for the link. That's an option to look at.

Burt I don't think the pinion angle is too bad but will ask the chassis guy what he recommends. I'm going to have to build a driveshaft anyway. I'm getting a new swingarm cage built as well. Fixing problems with money I hope. Thanks for the reply.

Jeff McClure

Posts: 240 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post