Find
Notify
Tools

Q16 conversion
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Rymo
posted
Wondering what change would need to be made if you bought a carb that was converted for q16 but you run 112. Is there a metering block difference or what. Is it a flow difference? Same air bleeds and jetting as my last 1250. Havent ran it yet with the new carb

Ryan Fasano

2014 Byron Overall Track Champion
Byron's actual elevation is 730' because that matters more than winning anything ever....

Posts: 535 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: January 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rymo
posted Hide Post
Everything ive read says you need 8% more fuel delivered for an oxygenated fuel vs a non. But is that in metering or overall jetting

Ryan Fasano

Byron's actual elevation is 730' because that matters more than winning anything ever....

Posts: 535 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: January 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I asked my carb builder that same question after he did one for K-13 Renegade for me and he said, yes it will work with jet changes but.... it wont be 100% correct.

Posts: 604 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rymo
posted Hide Post
So im assuming you would jet down a few sizes? I have the same main jet as my last carb. 96 mains on a 1250 598ci. I will call the builder just wondering

Ryan Fasano

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
The main well should be substantially larger

Posts: 1250 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
air bleed set up is way different as well for q16vs race fuel

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
What mods were performed on it?
Angle channel enlarged?
Wider metering blocks? from BLP?
2 or 3 circuit

I thought you going to try Q from the last discussion. Mark here will put you in the right direction here. Jmarkaudio...

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Rymo
posted Hide Post
Its a 3 circuit. Converted by apd. Not sure of any enlargement done. 24/69/40’s on the air bleeds

Ryan Fasano

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Why don't you call APD?

You can certainly down size your jets and make it work but normally they have two sets of metering plates, one for Q and one for regular race gas. They probably have a different air bleed setup for both too.

If you have a data logger with O2, you can get reasonably close IMO but it makes no sense not to call them

Posts: 2143 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rymo
posted Hide Post
Tried 5 times today. Just trying to educate myself is all.

Ryan Fasano

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Yea when KB did mine he put new metering blocks on it, and I think changed to a 2 circuit too would have to 2X check, but it is deadly constant almost like alky with air changes.

Posts: 604 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Make sure you get a good respirator mask as you will need it to breathe. And get some googles too. That stuff is strong on the lungs and eyes. Blue Man

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rymo
posted Hide Post
No no, i bought a carb converted for q16, but i want to run 112.... dont plan on running 16 at all

Ryan Fasano

DRR Pro
Picture of Rymo
posted Hide Post
Was able to get ahold of them (think they are screening my calls).... lol anyways kinda confirmed my suspicions. Apds air bleeds are flopped so front vent tube out mains idles then intermediates. I forgot this. Previous owner also had it setup like a quickfuel i had main inter idle.. so needless to say theyve got me squared away and also said for me to decrease jets about 8thousanths and assured me it would work as ive asked. Just wanted to pass on some info. Obviously glad i got ahold of them

Ryan Fasano

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Just curious. When you talked to him did he explain or mention the angle channel size and the stake tube size. Like 0.160?. Does this have the wide body blocks? Wide body blocks have the well tube removed of which has been a restriction. I was going ask but... so basically it is a reduced jet of which will be the limiting restriction. He didn't state what booster was in it did he?

Like a 500 or 600//12 or 16 hole? Just curious.
Glad you squared it away.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of jmarkaudio
posted Hide Post
.008 down is a good start, may need up to .016. On a 1250 without an intermediate circuit on non oxygenated fuel I'm around .124, with an intermediate it depends on how much is used. I would block it... Wink

Mark Whitener
RFD Heads
FTI Converter
Fab Shop Headers
Home built 2 circuit Dominator :-)
www.racingfuelsystems.com

Good work isn't cheap and cheap work can't be good.

Posts: 1047 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Hello 2 circuit. lol

DRR Pro
Picture of Rymo
posted Hide Post
Its a 3 circuit. On q16 it left their shop with .124’s so basically 99 holleys. They said go down .008 to a 95.... 24 hs 46 idle 52 int is what they recommended....

Ryan Fasano

DRR Pro
Picture of Rymo
posted Hide Post
No he didnt mention any of the bekow....
quote:
Originally posted by TD3550:
Just curious. When you talked to him did he explain or mention the angle channel size and the stake tube size. Like 0.160?. Does this have the wide body blocks? Wide body blocks have the well tube removed of which has been a restriction. I was going ask but... so basically it is a reduced jet of which will be the limiting restriction. He didn't state what booster was in it did he?

Like a 500 or 600//12 or 16 hole? Just curious.
Glad you squared it away.

Ryan Fasano

DRR Pro
Picture of Rymo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rymo:
Its a 3 circuit. On q16 it left their shop with .124’s so basically 99 holleys and since im running 112 They said go down .008 to a 95.... 24 hs 46 idle 52 int is what they recommended....

Ryan Fasano