New
Find
Notify
Tools

Under Car Wash
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
End of season, so what do you use to clean the underside of your car (door car)? I have a good pressure washer and have experimented with different degreasers and detergents. I am just wondering if one type is better than another.

Posts: 86 | Location: Abilene, Texas | Registered: July 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
The product Awesome has been highly touted on the site in the past. You can only find it in discount stores. I've been using it for at least a couple of years and bought another gallon just last night. I've recommended it to my daughter, and others.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2330 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Microfiber towels with Windex followed by Lucas Slick Mist

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
are you supposed to clean the underside of your car. I did not know this was a thing.

ep-1290, I would need a case of towels and 5 gal of cleaner

Posts: 757 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
https://majesticsolutions.com/

A Good quality Citrus or green cleaner to get any grime off then SHOCK IT spray nano polymer polish. I buy it by the gallon much cheaper than 8, 10 or 12 bucks a bottle at the stores. Lasts and protects. I have used Meguirs, Lucas, Mothers, Chemical Guys and they are all good to ok but the Shock It is the best detail spray I have used hands down. If you can Wax it after I say Meguirs synthetic is tough to beat.

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Either Meguiars super degreaser, or zep degreaser first. Then follow it up with car pro tarx to get any rubber off. DON'T LET the tarx get on your slicks though if you use it.

Posts: 66 | Location: Glen Burnie | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Great point on slicks.

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
My shirt seems to take a nice amount of oily dirt from the underside anytime I get under the car.

After 25 years of racing and two engine explosions, it’s pretty nasty but shouldn’t rust.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3149 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Simple green in the concentrated formula is hard to beat.

Posts: 399 | Location: a race track near you | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I use Greased Lightning and a garden hose before I put my Nova away for the winter.

Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the writer and do not reflect the views or opinions of any entity other than myself.

72 Nova 370 ci (Stealth Black)

Posts: 394 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: July 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post