DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    615 SR20 - 4.11 or 4.29
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

615 SR20 - 4.11 or 4.29
 Login/Join

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
Hoosier 1550 - 4.56 gear - about 7750 at 155

Posts: 2100 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
Post a photo of the race pack graph.

Post a photo or it's just "So you read it on the internet so it's gospel. Cool " Then again, we read your post on the internet, so it's supposed to be gospel!

Not bashing & I believe you, but someone can use your own justification against you!

2BKING Wink

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2502 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
quote:

Post a photo or it's just "So you read it on the internet so it's gospel. Cool " Then again, we read your post on the internet, so it's supposed to be gospel!

Not bashing & I believe you, but someone can use your own justification against you!

2BKING Wink

It's not a matter of believing me, I stated originally I *guessed* the current Big Bubba is a 10% tire growth tire.

He knows as soon as he posts a 1/4 lap racepak graph, I'll *easily* be able to prove beyond any shadow of a doubt from the graph, why he has no real idea what the tire measures at the stripe, by reading to the mph on the slip, and driveshaft rpm on the graph.

I called his bluff.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DragRaceResults:
Hoosier 1550 - 4.56 gear - about 7750 at 155

I'd imagine that's fairly standard converter slip for 1/8, 13 ish%.

I think Mean Green is 13 ish%

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
quote:

No idea, BUT IT SOUNDS GOOD!

Posts: 2100 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

2BKING Wink

BK

Now that I see your post and also Retread's past responses, note he is on the ignore list 99% of the time so I never saw it until now. I see you have jumped on his back! So, note that I have never posted a picture on this site nor wish to learn how. I certainly don't need to prove anything to either of you nor do you have to read and or believe anything I post. My posts are FIO (for information only). You are also free to comment so have it. If you wish to learn how to figure out tire growth which is simple if you know your drive shaft rpm, gear ratio and trap MPH, PM me and I will be glad to provide you the info because you can't trust the internet. The info I posted regarding big bubba tire growth, which neither of you use, is what I see on my car with my bubba's, and my bubba's are the same as everyone else, not magical bubba's like Jack's bean stock beans! Big Grin

PS: My reply has a bit of bashing, but it was detuned from Retread's WAG growth post to truth! Wink

Posts: 2145 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DragRaceResults:
quote:

No idea, BUT IT SOUNDS GOOD!

I say 13 is too low based on 110"/35" tall tire to start with and assuming 36" at speed. You are at 15% slip and could be more if the tire growth is more at that speed.

My setup is for 1/4 so my 1/8 slippage is more so you will have to check with the internet if that's good or not. Big Grin

Posts: 2145 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TOP38:
quote:
quote:

2BKING Wink

BK

Now that I see your post and also Retread's past responses, note he is on the ignore list 99% of the time so I never saw it until now. I see you have jumped on his back! So, note that I have never posted a picture on this site nor wish to learn how. I certainly don't need to prove anything to either of you nor do you have to read and or believe anything I post. My posts are FIO (for information only). You are also free to comment so have it. If you wish to learn how to figure out tire growth which is simple if you know your drive shaft rpm, gear ratio and trap MPH, PM me and I will be glad to provide you the info because you can't trust the internet. The info I posted regarding big bubba tire growth, which neither of you use, is what I see on my car with my bubba's, and my bubba's are the same as everyone else, not magical bubba's like Jack's bean stock beans! Big Grin

PS: My reply has a bit of bashing, but it was detuned from Retread's WAG growth post to truth! Wink

It's too bad you don't have my posts on 100% ignore, because then you couldn't twist my words 100% of the time.

I said these are educated guesses with room for error, you on the other hand claim to know everything with 100% certainty when it comes to tire growth, when you can't even figure out how to post a photo on the internet.

As soon as you figure out how to post a photo on the internet, and post a photo of the racepak graph in question, I'll show you exactly why your pretend 100% certainty has nothing to do with reality.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Top,

Mike is on his own & I didn't mean to jump on his back. You posted this "So you read it on the internet so it's gospel. Cool " You chose not to post a photo & that's just fine, but that would add substance to reading it on the internet, so it's gospel.

I have no reason(s) to doubt what you say. Wink

2BKING

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2502 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Top,

Mike is on his own & I didn't mean to jump on his back. You posted this "So you read it on the internet so it's gospel. Cool " You chose not to post a photo & that's just fine, but that would add substance to reading it on the internet, so it's gospel.

2BKING

Libtards love playing pretend games, Top Libtard 38 invented the idea you were jumping on my back so the other libtard seals following along, would clap.

Libtard pretend games aka gas lighting.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Top,

2BKING

BK

Let me put it to you this way regarding reading it on the internet...

Forget about the tire topic, in general, would you trust a catalog statement or real world data? Pretty easy answer there. They both could be the same or not, but the real world data wins that battle all the time. This is what I was talking about in my previous post.
I post on here to help other racers with real world experiences and when my responses conflict with "YOU KNOW WHO", that's a bonus! Wink

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Any analysis of tire growth based on time slip mph data should include the fact that the time slip mph is a simple average of the time it takes the car to travel the last 66 feet and the car is accelerating, not traveling at a constant speed. If the time slip says the car went 180, it was likely going 182 or so at the finish line. At least that’s what Calculus says for my stuff.

Posts: 712 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Top,

2BKING

BK

Let me put it to you this way regarding reading it on the internet...

Forget about the tire topic, in general, would you trust a catalog statement or real world data? Pretty easy answer there. They both could be the same or not, but the real world data wins that battle all the time. This is what I was talking about in my previous post.
I post on here to help other racers with real world experiences and when my responses conflict with "YOU KNOW WHO", that's a bonus! Wink

The conflict is made up by your delusional libtard make believe, pretend mindset.

By twisting my words and taking them out of context! Dork! Smile

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 183N:
Any analysis of tire growth based on time slip mph data should include the fact that the time slip mph is a simple average of the time it takes the car to travel the last 66 feet and the car is accelerating, not traveling at a constant speed. If the time slip says the car went 180, it was likely going 182 or so at the finish line. At least that’s what Calculus says for my stuff.

Shots fired! Top Libtard 38 is not gonna approve of your common sense analysis of reality!

Ask him, he knows exactly what his tire measures at the stripe!

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

183N,

Really! Let's see your calculus!

Btw, the speed on your time slip is an average speed in the last 66 feet of the track so by your math you would be looking at 181 average vs 182 at the finish line.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
the time slip mph is a simple average of the time it takes the car to travel the last 66 feet and the car is accelerating, not traveling at a constant speed.

Btw, the speed on your time slip is an average speed in the last 66 feet of the track so by your math you would be looking at 181 average vs 182 at the finish line.

Were you trying to add something here or was your intention to repeat what I said?

You are incorrect in assuming that if a time slip says the mph is 181 that the car was going 180 at the entrance to the speed trap and 182 at the exit of the speed trap. That's simply not how acceleration works. This is a curved graph, not linear. It will always be "weighted" towards the high end.

quote:

Okay, but you want me to explain calculus to the guy who can't figure out how to post a picture here??!! Big Grin

Here are two sides of the same time slip, me in one lane, my wife in the other lane. I went 7.340 at 182.08 she went 7.463 at 180.33. The time slip MPH was not used in any of the MPH predictions.

Posts: 712 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
the time slip mph is a simple average of the time it takes the car to travel the last 66 feet and the car is accelerating, not traveling at a constant speed.

Were you trying to add something here or was your intention to repeat what I said?

You are incorrect in assuming that if a time slip says the mph is 181 that the car was going 180 at the entrance to the speed trap and 182 at the exit of the speed trap. That's simply not how acceleration works. This is a curved graph, not linear. It will always be "weighted" towards the high end.

quote:

Okay, but you want me to explain calculus to the guy who can't figure out how to post a picture here??!! Big Grin

Here are two sides of the same time slip, me in one lane, my wife in the other lane. I went 7.340 at 182.08 she went 7.463 at 180.33. The time slip MPH was not used in any of the MPH predictions.

OK I asked for it so I will play along but with regards to this tread, all this adds up to a big fat zero concerning tire growth at the stripe.

So you took your time slip points and plotted them, then fit a time distance equation to try to match those points. You came up with 1266' at .247 seconds before the ET clock (7.093 seconds) but your distance should have been 1254 and not 1266 to look at MPH numbers vs the timing system's. At 182.08 mph (Average speed in the traps per the timing system) it takes 0.247 seconds for you to travel it. Your equation also states that you picked up 3.28 MPH in 0.247 seconds! Sounds high to me so I looked at my Racepac wheel speed numbers and it shows about 2 MPH for my car so yours would be a bit less. Ballpark real numbers for your car would then be 181 at 1254' and 183 at 1320' based on my racepac WS numbers.

Maybe you didn't consider the moon's gravity in your equation! Just kidding, it's a solid C+. Wink

You can help me with posting pictures that I don't care to do and I will help you with your time/distance equation! Laughing Hard

DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
I had calculus but my dentist said it's much better since I've been flossing regularly. Can you guys make me a chart that shows where my wife is on the hot/crazy matrix?

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 626 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BD104X:
I had calculus but my dentist said it's much better since I've been flossing regularly. Can you guys make me a chart that shows where my wife is on the hot/crazy matrix?

Billy

It's all sett but I don't know how to post a picture on this site! Didn't think of that