Find
Notify
Tools

Tips !
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Rymo
posted Hide Post
Use a leaf blower to clean your trailer instead of sweeping. This is the red-neck way and it sure saves the back.

Ryan Fasano

2014 Byron Overall Track Champion
Byron's actual elevation is 730' because that matters more than winning anything ever....

Posts: 535 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: January 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
When putting in a thermostat put a asprin in it to hold it open .that way you dont have to wait for it to open .the water dissolves the asprin
before the engine gets hot.works well on newer cars were air pockets are a problem.

Posts: 88 | Location: cincinnati ohio | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of chasracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dragrcr890:
Use a leaf blower to clean your trailer instead of sweeping. This is the red-neck way and it sure saves the back.

That's a good one. I have a small one that I setup with a curved piece of PVC to cool the converter. Never thought about using it to clean out the trailer!

Posts: 1135 | Location: The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?” ~~ Captain Jack Sparrow ~~ | Registered: August 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of chasracer
posted Hide Post
*Find* Big Grin one of the crates that they use for stacking 2 liter Coke bottles. Cut out one of the short sides to match the width of your floorjack as it would sit in the crate with it's front wheels touching the other short side. Take four screws and washers, fasten it to your trailer floor. The jack will stay in place perfectly.

Posts: 1135 | Location: The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?” ~~ Captain Jack Sparrow ~~ | Registered: August 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of chasracer
posted Hide Post
Not exactly a racing tip, but the money you save could be contributed to your racing fund!

The other night I was in my attic looking for an item, seeing it I reached for it and realized that my hand was getting hit with cold air. One of my air ducts was leaking where it had been joined to the main duct work. I purchased a roll of the thin HVAC tape and sealed it up the next night and as I started checking other locations I was shocked to find so many places in my duct work leaking air. My home is about 12 years old and I have owned it for the last 6 years so it is not like the system is extremely old and falling apart. I worked for about 2.5 hours the other night and still have about 35% of the duct work in the attic to take a look at; I hope to finish it this weekend. One other note, the wife mentioned that she was feeling air from one of the registers that she had never noticed before so we are at least putting most of the cold air into the living space now.

DRR Pro
Picture of Rymo
posted Hide Post
quote:
That's a good one. I have a small one that I setup with a curved piece of PVC to cool the converter. Never thought about using it to clean out the trailer!

I also put the curved piece on to cool the converter late in the rounds.......(wonder why it's got dust on it now)..
Converter bolts - put a piece of tape on the wrench that holds the nut side when putting the converter bolts through the flexplate (in a dragster if you can't reach them) this will hold the nut in so you can thread it easier.

Ryan Fasano

2014 Byron Overall Track Champion
Byron's actual elevation is 730' because that matters more than winning anything ever....

Posts: 535 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: January 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
Best deal for Converter is with plugs out, oil filter off.

From driver side, pull the flex-plate around to line up the three bolts.

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12149 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Rhino
posted Hide Post
Always take an extra set of keys with you to the track. Trick is don't keep them in the same place. Don't ask me how I know.. Thanks Jason I'm stupid

Rolla Competition Engines
Procharger Hemi
Spitzer Racecars

Posts: 1379 | Location: Harley Town Wisconsin USA | Registered: November 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T/D 555:
Always take an extra set of keys with you to the track. Trick is don't keep them in the same place. Don't ask me how I know.. Thanks Jason I'm stupid

Never ask Ryan's wife where a good place to hide a spare is help

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
For all of those receipts on "lifetime warranty" parts, make a photocopy. Keep with the original in a plastic sheet pocket in a ring binder. Those original receipts have a nasty way of fading on their own (by design).

Posts: 42 | Location: Greensboro, NC | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of drag2728
posted Hide Post
Once you get your trailer clean, buy some J-channel used for vinyl siding, remove screws from the top trim and slip the J-channel between the trim and colored sheets then replace the screws. This makes an excellent gutter for about 20 cents per foot and greatly reduces the streaking. Wink

Mark

Posts: 1391 | Location: ga. | Registered: November 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Covey:
A couple more I just remembered...CRS and old age is killing me..Why can't I remember these all at once?

If your car has electric windows (most do now days) if you roll the window down and it will not go up (Check fuse first) try this.

While holding the button in the up position smack the door panel close to where the window motor is located either with your hand or a rubber mallet. Sometimes that jars it enough to get it past the bad spot on the armature.

Same trick different situation..

If you go to start your car and all you get is the starter solenoid clicking but you know the battery is good. Have someone hold the starter engaged while you hit the starter with a hammer. Same principle you can jar it past the bad spot and the engine will crank over.

I have used both tricks many times in the past and they do work.

Dave

A cheap way to fix the electric windows that just "pop" instead of going up, pull the door panel off and remove the motor. take the motor apart and there are probably gonna be broken peices of plastic inside, replace what used to be plastic clutches with nuts, 7/16 I think. they never wear out and work like new!

Another tip, use Pam cooking spray on carb bowl gaskets, keeps them from sticking or tearing.

Posts: 2 | Location: Pulaski, Va | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ole Goat
posted Hide Post
I kept burning up the light switch on my tow vehicle so I put a relay on the trailer lights so it no longer draws off the light switch & gets its power from the relay.
I powered the relay from the electric tongue jack on the trailer which is where the relay is mounted on the trailer inside the break away switch's battery box. So now all the switch in the tow vehicle does is trigger the relay & my trailer lights are even brighter than they ever were.
I would like to take the credit for this idea but a friend told me about this after I was explaining to him how this was the second time my switch has went bad.
With the extra lights added when towing a trailer it puts to much strain on the light switch.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ole Goat,

Posts: 288 | Location: Whaleyville Va | Registered: November 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Save all those "air bags" that Summit and Jegs ship orders with and use them for bagging parts when doing rebuilds, why spend $ on store bought bags!

Posts: 180 | Location: wi. | Registered: June 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ron Gusack
posted Hide Post
Use an electric knife to cut foam for air pans or whatever else you use foam for. It does an unbelievable job.

Posts: 459 | Location: Maryland | Registered: January 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of chasracer
posted Hide Post
If you're doing a design with Fineline or masking tape and it starts to come up here and there, just before you start painting use a hair dryer to warm the tape a bit and push it down. The heat will allow the adhesive to grip long enough for you to finish laying a few coats of paint.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Here are a few I have used.

1) 1001 uses for WD-40, use on bee stings works fast to relieve the pain and swelling, if no WD-40 use moist tobacco.

2) Use hair drier or heat gun to heat up those unwanted stickers on newly purchased produts, works great and usually comes off in one piece.

3) Use 2+2 cab. cleaner to start those cold alcohol burning engines, open the lean out, pump the front and rear squiter two or three times and spray 2+2 in carb. fires right up.

4) Use household Pledge to keep the inside of your ride shinny, will not crack the dash and does not leave the oil film behind.

5) Use your blower vac. to remove the water after you give your ride a bath, helps to prevent those water spots, use a Squeegee on the windows.

6) Use a jumper wire from your trailer battery to your racecar battery and charge your battery while driving down the road. This only works if your trailer is wired to charge the onboard battery.

7) Smile every morning you wake up breathing. Its going to be a good day!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Crispy Cridder,

Soon to be Driving thru a neighborhood near you !!

Posts: 30 | Location: MD | Registered: October 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sc4087
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TS6644:
Never fry bacon naked!

Now that's funny right there. I don't care who you are.

Mike Greene

Posts: 509 | Location: Burleson, TX | Registered: March 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
Well I'm sure a few puter experts will say they know this but just found out you can easily change the width of a web page by pressing Ctrl key and the + or the - keys. It's pretty neat because you can zoom in on pictures...have fun!

Posts: 12149 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of chasracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by adv ET 266:
Well I'm sure a few puter experts will say they know this but just found out you can easily change the width of a web page by pressing Ctrl key and the + or the - keys. It's pretty neat because you can zoom in on pictures...have fun!

Good tip!

Another one is if you need two or more applications up on your desktop at the same time, start the first one, minimize it, start the next one, minimize it, then place the pointer on it, hold the ctrl key and right click. Choose either tile vertically or horizontally.