DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    RPM QUESTION ON GRAPH!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RPM QUESTION ON GRAPH!
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Kutsick
posted
What is your opinion on the change in direction of the rpm`s just before the shift?

Posts: 526 | Location: Couch | Registered: January 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Are you talking about the sharp rise in RPM leading up to the shift?

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Kutsick
posted Hide Post
Yes.

Posts: 526 | Location: Couch | Registered: January 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
Overlay the driveshaft rpm

Posts: 1238 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Kutsick
posted Hide Post
I can not do that. I dont have a racepack with a driveshaft sensor only the grid that just gives me the rpm graph.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
So many things it could be....
It really starts to rpm/pull @7000rpm
"Driving through the convertor"
Tires start spinning
etc etc

You need more data to interpret the graph correctly....

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Kutsick
posted Hide Post
If you listen to this video interview with Marty Chance at about 30.00 into it he addresses it and says it is a converter problem.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
With limited information we have I would say the converter is too tight and where it ramps up is where motor really gets into powerband.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4009 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Kutsick
posted Hide Post
Yes I do believe it is a converter issue, that is why I have already contacted two different converter company's about a new one. Just waiting on a response at the moment.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
From the graph display, it looks like you are using a distributor to trigger the ignition.

Posts: 2457 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR All Star
Picture of Scott Smith
posted Hide Post
Logging data without a drive shaft sensor is like evaluating a time slip without sixty foot times.

Posts: 7021 | Location: Montgomery Al. USA | Registered: October 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
What's your combo?

You are not getting a flat spot indicative stall.

I see this sometimes with Nitrous or blown cars running their "small" tune-up but the "big" converter:

typical Powerglide bracket car:

Posts: 671 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: April 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Most that I see the rpm in low has two curves, your first one is much steeper than most for sure! Most tend to flatten out before the normal steep rise in rpm. How does the Accel curve look? How is it performing on track?

Not a lot to go on here.

Posts: 2154 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Kutsick
posted Hide Post
The best explanation for it that I have heard is in this video at about the 30:00 mark on, where Marty Chance says your losing torque multiplication in the converter. Basically it becomes to efficient/equal. If you have facebook go listen to the explanation here.... https://www.facebook.com/dragi...s/10156383230473588/