DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Injection fuel shuting itself off
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Injection fuel shuting itself off
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted
Second weekend out with my new roadster. I had noticed after a pass, that my fuel shutoff was partially pulled back, or closed. Yesterday it cost me a round because it went about 3/4 off. Not really sure whats causing it, but theres very little resistance to pull or push it. I thought about crimping the steel sleeve of the cable a little bit for some resistance. Any other ideas? It's a Ron's Toilet that I ran on my cobalt with 0 issues.

Posts: 1364 | Location: Lansing,Mi | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Engine vibration is what is causing it too close.This wont work on a Rons system but is what we use on a Enderle fuel shut off. Its basically a over center spring so when the shut off lever goes over center it pulls the lever open. I am sure you could rig something similar.
https://www.rbssuperchargers.c...ing_Bracket--320-032

Posts: 2427 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
x2 a spring of sorts will fix it

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1411 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Dave Koehler
posted Hide Post
Not as cool but rubber bands were the original solution before cnc machines.

Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection - http://www.koehlerinjection.com
Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Nitrous Master Software - Balancing
99% of fuel injection problems are electric.

Posts: 351 | Location: Urbana, IL 61802 | Registered: December 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
I kinda against the spring thing only because I pull it partially closed to build heat a lot. I don't want to have to hold onto it all the time.

Posts: 1364 | Location: Lansing,Mi | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
My BV cable is long enough that it has a full 180* sweeping bend in it that might possible offer the needed resistance in cable movement.

Posts: 2459 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Nitzsche:
I kinda against the spring thing only because I pull it partially closed to build heat a lot. I don't want to have to hold onto it all the time.

Thats why you set it up over center, when on the closed side of center it holds it closed, when on the the open side it holds it open. this is a very light spring just enough to keep tension on the lever

Posts: 2427 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
I have a detent piece on my TAD for just this problem. I also would pull shut off half shut for heat. I made the handle a with a detent piece that caught at full open and only took a good squeeze to get half or full shut. Pretty simple piece just a ball bearing recessed about 75% and a drill dimple in handle.Addidng a spring behind ball bearing would make better deal. I am sure there is simpler way just never been me to go simple,at times I should.LOL

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 23taltered
posted Hide Post
I had that problem. I installed a Morse cable with the twist lock on the shut-off. It keeps it open unless you give it a little twist, and it's also handy for locking it in the correct position when I'm trying to build some heat.

Bill Huntington
GZMOTORSPORTS.com

gzmotorsports.com/video/PRI2010.wmv

Posts: 163 | Location: Northern Cal | Registered: January 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 23taltered:
I had that problem. I installed a Morse cable with the twist lock on the shut-off. It keeps it open unless you give it a little twist, and it's also handy for locking it in the correct position when I'm trying to build some heat.

Where would I find something like that?

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 23taltered:

Where would I find something like that?

http://www.primelinecontrols.c...controls-and-cables/

Posts: 2459 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 23taltered:

That scares me a little... are you going to remember (or be able to) give it that twist when the throttle is hung, you're standing on the brakes, trying to pull the chute & kill the ignition?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BD104X,

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 629 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
Probably the fuel shutoff would be my last resort anyway. Ignition would be first while pulling back on the pedal.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 23taltered
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BD104X:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 23taltered:
If you jam it in, it goes in. It's just harder .

That scares me a little... are you going to remember (or be able to) give it that twist when the throttle is hung, you're standing on the brakes, trying to pull the shoot & kill the ignition?

Bill Huntington
GZMOTORSPORTS.com

gzmotorsports.com/video/PRI2010.wmv

Posts: 163 | Location: Northern Cal | Registered: January 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Mike
Check your FB IM

Posts: 235 | Location: Justin, TX | Registered: July 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post