DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Anyone build a 615 or 598 using the DART 20 Degree heads
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone build a 615 or 598 using the DART 20 Degree heads
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:
^^ lmao! We saw 22 gain on the pump with a customer 632 motor and it was not carb set up for Q. Every car we have helped Q tune picked up average of .08. We tried Sunoco’s equivalent...nope..
Trying a set of new carbs from Unfair Advantage this week on the pump.

Well we have not seen ANYWHERE near that kind of power but I have not even bothered trying anything else in a log time. I run Q in everything we have, the dragster and my car. Don't care what it makes on C14+ or C25. as I am not using those fuels. I'm poor and still do most my own carb work. On the heads up deal it is a Braswell 7395 and when it was on Q was built for that and been an ever changing evolution on the track with C45. Cant tell you how many times we have changed boosters in that deal. C45 makes power for sure but has a very tight tuning window, where as with the Q it is pretty damn big. But this is only a 400 cube deal making north of 1050, not a 632 making 1300+..Used to say you could probably just hook up a garden hose with Q into the carb and let it rip Smile

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 988 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Al Alguire:
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:
^^ lmao! We saw 22 gain on the pump with a customer 632 motor and it was not carb set up for Q. Every car we have helped Q tune picked up average of .08. We tried Sunoco’s equivalent...nope..
Trying a set of new carbs from Unfair Advantage this week on the pump.

Well we have not seen ANYWHERE near that kind of power but I have not even bothered trying anything else in a log time. I run Q in everything we have, the dragster and my car. Don't care what it makes on C14+ or C25. as I am not using those fuels. I'm poor and still do most my own carb work. On the heads up deal it is a Braswell 7395 and when it was on Q was built for that and been an ever changing evolution on the track with C45. Cant tell you how many times we have changed boosters in that deal. C45 makes power for sure but has a very tight tuning window, where as with the Q it is pretty damn big. But this is only a 400 cube deal making north of 1050, not a 632 making 1300+ and my junk is just lowly Mopar stuff with a tiny bore Smile Used to say you could probably just hook up a garden hose with Q into the carb and let it rip Smile

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 988 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Calling u

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4488 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
When I first started running Texas Pro Stock I was dynoing my 565 and it was making in the 1130-1150 range. I decided to dyno the different fuels to just see what the actual difference was as there is a lot of hype and misinformation out there. My baseline was C-15. C-25 picked the engine up 16 hp over the C-15. Q-16 picked it up 11 hp over the C-25. C-44 picked it up 2 hp over the Q-16. That is what I found.

Abbott Racing Heads
(432) 558-2841

Posts: 39 | Location: Crane, Texas | Registered: January 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kenneth:
When I first started running Texas Pro Stock I was dynoing my 565 and it was making in the 1130-1150 range. I decided to dyno the different fuels to just see what the actual difference was as there is a lot of hype and misinformation out there. My baseline was C-15. C-25 picked the engine up 16 hp over the C-15. Q-16 picked it up 11 hp over the C-25. C-44 picked it up 2 hp over the Q-16. That is what I found.

What you see for increases in power based on fuels can depend on how good your base setup is to start with along with each one after. Most that run reg race gas and switch to Q16 see about 30 HP on your typical BBC. BTW I think you meant C45 vs C44?

Posts: 2149 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
No. C-44 is what most people in TPS ran when we started. There was no C-45 at that time. Q-16 was the new fuel on the block. C-44 was what they used to call rocket fuel. C-44 at the time was $40 a gallon. C-25 was $20 a gallon. I do not think they even make C-44 anymore. The main ingredient in it was used in the cosmetic industry and had gotten too expensive and hard to get.

Abbott Racing Heads
(432) 558-2841

Posts: 39 | Location: Crane, Texas | Registered: January 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
As for the original question, decided to go with the CNC Dart 20 heads with titanium intake and exhaust valves. 1248 spring, 2.100 installed height. Planning on 850 to 900 ish lift.

Short block is 615, callies magnum, callies I beam ultras, wiseco Q-16 piston. Compression looks like it will fall out around 15.2 to 15.5 depending on how low i leave the piston in the hole. Should come in at 0.017" down, may cut 0.01" off deck to get the piston out of the bore some, but worried about the compression getting out of hand. Will need to check all this once we get the short block mocked up.

I know this is contrary to most who have commented here (no offense) but it will have a tunnel ram on it with an enderle bird catcher and MFI on methanol.

All the big parts are on order but seems like things take a long time to deliver these days. 3 weeks on the crank, 3-4 on the block, 2-3 on the heads???? Anyone else getting this?

Posts: 373 | Location: Pride, La | Registered: April 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post