DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Woodfin's 53 Studebaker with LS engine
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Woodfin's 53 Studebaker with LS engine
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Looks like the proper scoop may be required.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1828 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^ Why using a tall tall intake ??

Posts: 2447 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Markemark, I may run it a Bonneville. Smile Seriously, our local track runs a 5.80 index class, so I maybe make enough power for that.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1828 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
It begins

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
wheel tub

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Changing the subject. The crank and cam are installed.

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
LS block

Larry Woodfin

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Looks great, I like the intake approach.

Looks like it's gonna be a pretty decent power plant.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Mike, I was telling Cury1 earlier I "thought" I was finished racing and that this would be a bad-to-the-bone street rod. I was wrong.

Larry Woodfin

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Woodfin:
Mike, I was telling Cury1 earlier I "thought" I was finished racing and that this would be a bad-to-the-bone street rod. I was wrong.

You have to have something that keeps your mind working and goals. I knew you were not done. You may slow down some and not race in extreme heat etc. Just take it easy and make racing fun but to completely walk away? Nope.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3990 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I am a long-time customer of BTE. I always receive good parts and service from Brandon and Crew. This is a BTE 1.98 gear set and deep pan for the Woodebaker Powerglide.

Larry Woodfin

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
"Woodebaker" that is a cool name for that car.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3990 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
The Woodebaker is becoming a world car. Chevy engine and trans, Ford distributor, Ford rear 8.8 axle, and several American aftermarket manufacturers. I will be on the lookout for some MOPAR additionSmile

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Seems like you're enjoying the build & we are also!

2BKing

USA

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2514 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all for the comments. I have had other fish frying lately but will be back on track soon. [so, to speak]

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Teaser

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
More teasing

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
This main hoop is cataloged for an early Chevelle. as you can see, it is a perfect fit. It will have an upper and lower 6"x 6" plated sandwiched between the floor. Then an outrigger with attached the bottom plate to the frame.

But first, the floor will be cleaned of all old insulation and rust.

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Floor plates

Larry Woodfin