DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Shout out to Powermaster
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shout out to Powermaster
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ron Gusack
posted
I bought an alternator from them 3-4 years ago and it's always put out less voltage as the day went on. It would start the day at 13.8 and wind up at 13.2 in later rounds. I did lots of stuff that Powermaster and others suggested to improve it but nothing seemed to fix it. So I decided to but all the internals and rebuild it. When I called to buy the parts they told me to send it in and they'd do it for the cost of the parts. I sent it in with a detailed letter explaining all I had done and that I didn't want them to test it because I had it tested and was told it was good, which it is until it gets heat soaked or something. I sent it in and within a week I received a brand new alternator at no charge. Like Powermaster or not, they're a stand up company in my opinion.

The business adage about an extremely pissed off customer will tell 12 others and an extremely satisfied customer will tell no more than 2. I didn't want to be that guy, so don't bash me Ed. LOL

Posts: 459 | Location: Maryland | Registered: January 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
customer service starts after the sale and many in the aftermarket performance business have no customer service. In your case powermaster went above and beyond what a reasonable person would expect. clapping

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
They have also treated me very well on starters!

Posts: 2145 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 2doggs
posted Hide Post
They gave me awesome service on starters as well.

Why do you ask, 2doggs racing??????

Posts: 43 | Location: Grand Jct., CO | Registered: October 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
My Dad uses them for starters and he also has had very good luck with the customer service.

Posts: 21 | Location: Jackson | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Me too

Posts: 17 | Location: palm harbor fl | Registered: October 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
As mentioned, great guys to support the products but my luck with a 9400 was not so good. At it’s best it was far off the power of my other starters.

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12149 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post